Question after Uninstall of Global 1.2

atrdriver

I am re-installing my FSX in an experiment to find where my frame rates tanked.  My main install runs about 36FPS with the following ORBX products installed:

Pilots 2010 Mesh

Global 1.2

Global Vector 1.15

FTX England

FTX Pacific Fjords

FTX Northern Rockies

So on this re-install, it is on a new SSD, with a new install of Win7 Pro 64bit.  I am using FSMark07 to bencjmark after I install each add-on, running 4 runs and averaging them.  After the base install of FSX Gold, with FSUPIC (Paid) and Pilots Mesh, and all the FTX products listed above, I was running about 73FPS.  After installing Global 1.1 and the 1.2 patch I dropped to 62FPS.  To verify that I uninstalled the Global 1.1, and my Frame rate shot up to 81FPS.  During the uninstall it didn't ask me where the scenery backup files were.  Watching the benchmark run it appears that at least the SEA area scenery is there, but I'm curious why my frame rate would be higher after uninstalling Global then it was before I installed it.

In addition, most of my flying is airline type, what would be the effect if I DIDN'T install the global, but DID install the Global Vector?  Would that have a dramatic effect on the quality of the scenery?

Hi,

not sure what the issue is, but just to keep things clear as to what does what:

FS Global 2010 does the mesh scenery for the whole world

FTX Global base does the basic textures worldwide, which replaces the default fsX textures and adds a few more

FTX Global Vector does all the rivers, roads, coastlines, lakes, etc, etc.

FTX OLC_EU does the Landclass for Europe

I must say that I haven't suffered any fps degradation with these all installed and active, so I assume that it has to do something with your scenery order as that can cause some funnies when not set correctly

I was under the impression that the FTX utility took care of the scenery order.  I will be more than happy to post my order of you can tell me where to find it.  But averaging 36 FPS with dips into the teens when on short final and taxing around isn't normal in my opinion.  My FSX rig is as follows:

Intel i7 3700K oc'd to 4.2 gHz

ASUS P8Z77-V Pro MB

(2) GTX 760 Video cards, not run in SLI while running FSX

16GB Corsair Vengeance memory

FSX resides on a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD

Window 7 Pro

Thank you for the response.  My goal here is to get my base install back to reasonable frame rates, not to have to re-install everything.

I am not all that concerned about the actual FPS, I am concerned about the smoothness.  When I fly my Leonardo MD-80 I get so choppy on short final that it almost impossible to perform a reasonably smooth landing.  This is at non ORBX airports, such as KIAH and KDFW which in my setup use the default airports.  Regardless, when a couple of days ago I decided to to a test install of Win7 Pro and FSX Gold on a new SSD I was seeing double the frame rates that I am seeing on my main install.  If the scenery order can make a large difference then I would like to make sure that my order is correct, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Archived