Stutter Over Europe Only

David Vega

Though unlikely to be related to an ORBX product, hope the bright minds in this forum could offer some ideas on how to fix this most annoying stutter that I only experience while flying in Europe.  This may have started after updating to FTX Global 1.2, but I'm really not sure.  I reverted to 1.1, but stutter still there.  The last thing I remember installing was an AFCAD for EHAM, which I removed, and the PMDG 777.  

My specs:

- Intel i7-4770K @ 4.1 GhZ (overclocked)

- NVidia GeForce GTX 670

- 8 GB RAM

- Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB (FSX installed here); WDC WD1002 ATA

- Windows 7 64-bit

- FSX with Acc pack

- FSUIPC 4.9.3.6 payware

- ORBX FTX Global Base

- UTX Europe 1.5

- UTX USA 1.6

- ASN 5354

- UIAutomationCore.dll 6.0.5840.16386

So far I have:

- Deleted fsx.cfg and allowed FSX to restore it, applying avsim basic optimizations

- Tested with and without ASN wx

- Tested with several payware and freeware airplanes over multiple airports on both, US and Europe, regions

Understand how difficult stutters are to eliminate; been around this hobby for a while.  I've searched here, and other forums.  Typical solutions apply to stutters in general, but in this case the problem seems localized to a specif area.  Appreciate any help.  

Regards,

Dave

As much as we'd love to give you a solution, stutters are usually the result of an overloaded GPU or overworked system and the quickest solution is to pull back sliders until you get smoothness, then slowly move them right until you find the culprit (usually autogen density).

Also keep in mind that it could well be FTX Global because it's autogen density is much much higher than default textures.

Finally, try deleting your FSX.cfg and letting the sim rebuild a new one. Sometimes too many tweaks can introduce stutters. Also disable any anti-virus or other apps running in Windows at the same time as your sim session.

Good luck, hope these tips help out!

Archived