Global Airports in Scenery Library?

Ziggy

Hi all,

I've been wondering for a while now if my FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS is in the proper spot in my Scenery library. I only use FTX,Tongass X, RTMM and OzX Grand Canyon as scenery addons.

RTMM is at the top of the library fallowed by ORBXLIBS and all my FTX airport addons,FTX regions and then Tongass X below them. Vector is placed just above where the base scenery starts in the library. should I move the Global Airports and Vector or are they good where they are?

Here are a few shots of my Library, I can post more if you would like.

thanks for your time :D

wVpPo.jpg

WZleN.jpg

Dwvpl.jpg

Do not move the VECTOR files they are located exactly where they belong and the documentation expressly says to NOT move them.

Although you have the required RTMM libraries I do not see any RMM scenery locations in your screen shots.  The scenery locations should be placed above all the FTX/OZx entries.  Because they are located within FTX Regions and if they are below the regions it is possible that excludes and other scenery in the Regions could effect or overwrite the scenery locations.

Hi spud,

Thanks for the response, all of my RTMM scenery is above my FTX and OzX in my library (I didn't post that part of the library because there is so much) I figured Vector was good, just thought I'd ask to make sure I understood the documentation for sure, thanks for confirming.

As for my Global Airports, am I right to say as long as they are "above" the regions they should be good? I'm thinking in the case of the freeware CYBW spring bank in the NRM region, I don't think I see any issues, just not sure.

Thanks again

ziggy,

the Global Freeware Packs 1-17 at this time are installed with the installers in the correct location which is:

FSX\ORBX\FTX_FTG_AIRPORTS.  This folder has both a scenery and a texture sub-folder the Global files are placed by the installers.  ORBX software will install in the proper location automatically if you simple let it do its thing and should run correctly from that location once installed and followed with a re-installation of the current ORBX Libraries.

Archived