Scenery.cfg Global x Entry order

NWittje

Hello all,

I'm currently looking at the whole Global, Global Vector, openLC Europe etc-package and bought and installed it privately to see what it can do, if I like it much, I will probably suggest a commercial version for my company.

But: I'm encountering serious mindmadness when trying to install. I installed Global 2010 beforehand. No matter what I try (tried it on my old backup pc and with a fresh windows install, also), I get no FTX entries in my scenery.cfg from any installers of the Global series. I manually tried to find them (after a problem where I only got half the files installed because my harddrive was full, but the installer told me "installation successfully finished" - wtf? Why does it tell me "success"if it jumps over half of the files?) and insert them, but I don't get correct elevations, or see much better scenery; only global vector seems to work partially.

Example:

At EDDF, I see the Motorways below the approach on the 25 as they should be with Vector... But in GCLA, no matter what order I try, the Airport elevation is completly f... sometimes I see Trees through the runway in the distant, sometimes, all runways, taxiways etc are a few meters above ground level with sharp altitude transitions like a rock wall along the -ways.

Can someone please, please post exactly where in the scenery config ALL vector entries should reside? Not only "FTX central should correctly set it" or "the AEC should be at the bottom of the scenery.cfg", but where are they, with/without Global 2010 installed? Perhaps can even some people who think they had success with their installations attach their scenery configs, also sometimes with other scenery installed, so we can collect some examples here?

Thanks and happy landings!

Archived