Faroe Islands and trees

BlueFinn

Hi,

Is it somehow possible to remove all the trees from the Faroe Islands? In reality there are no trees growing there and this has been annoying me a bit that there are some in FSX.

I don't know if I could do that by myself (possible do a exclude for all the islands), but it would be appreciated if you could do that generally for all users.

Cheers

Hi Bluefinn

oUWhf.png

WKEzY.png

Here are two pictures of the Faroe Islands, one with FTX Global Scenery and The Freeware Faroe Islands Scenery by http://webryan.dk/ with the Faroes_Landclass.bgl switched off. This gives all the Islands habitation and Airports/Heliports with FTX Global Landmass Textures.

The Other is with FTX Global and The Faroes Islands Scenery on top with everything included.

One with trees, one without.

I have also used a copy of the freeware version of Vagar Airport by http://www.azurafiles.com This comes in Payware as well as freeware version.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Ian

Ian, thank you very much.

I've tried to do the same as you did but I still can't get them without trees.. I've tried to put the Faroe Islands Scenery on top of everything, but it seems that this didn't changed anything at all.

Maybe its because I still have Vector and ftx europe active.

Hi Bluefinn

Make sure you activate the Faroe Islands in FSX Addon Scenery Folder. Once done make sure that it appears above all Orbx Scenery files.

Attached is a video found on Youtube that may help.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8kO1IsJMuE

Should work from here

Best of luck

Ian 

Well Im not that new to the FS world :ph34r: , so I've done everything as you mentioned earlier and put the Faroe island scenery on top of everything.

eAU7Xnm.png

Sorry for everything being german, but the important things should be clear.

The trees are still there.

Hi Bluefinn

Sorry for the assumption, I still get confused when I see the name 'Newbie'.

I was under the impression that Photoscenery took preference to all other scenery files so I do not know what to suggest your next move should be.

Perhaps someone else with a greater knowledge than mine could suggest your next step.

By the way, the above photographs were taken with FTX Global and OpenLC EU activated.

Kind regards

Ian

I was checking out the PDF for OpenLC EU (page 6) and it doesn't appear this island is included in the coverage. EU2 is Scandinavia, EU8 & 9 are Iceland, and EU 10 is UK and Ireland. Each is highlighted in a dark fill color. But Vagar and it's island appear to be missing in the coverage.

Same view with FTX Central to Global with Orbx trees, Global Base and OpenLC EU, but, I don't have Vector yet as I "patiently await" V1.2. I'm also using FSGUltimate Europe @ 10meter and did not AFM this AP.

Shows how Vector can improve things. (Wolter, I assume you are using Vector)

Q7ZHs.jpg

Archived