FTX Central Region Files Validation Report errors

Ben77

Hi,

I'm having some issues and I'm not sure If they are ORBX related but I'd like to ask for your advice.

My issues are as follows. The Sim seems to start normally but the selected aircraft does not appear in the free flight screen (see picture). Also when loading up the flight there is no scenery (see picture also). 

I thought it might be a memory issue but I checked that and all seemed to be normal.

I started up FTX Central and got a "Region Files Validation Report" with a number of errors saying that files did not exist. An example of one of the lines is as follows;

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Autogen\default.xml

There were 21 of these all from the Autogen\ folder.

I tried a system restore but this did not solve this issue.

Before I start reinstalling things I thought I would check in with you guys and see if there was a more informed opinion on what is going on.

Cheers

30UGKH2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Me too ... A big bunch of files in the path \Scripts\Custom.gb_hybrid\ do not exist and it reminds me every time I try to run FTX Central (P3Dv2). Am rebuilding/installing my computer after a BIG crash. What have I forgotten/missed, please.

Mac

please make sure when installing that you have administrator rights,

make sure User Account Control is disabled,

make sure that your fsX main folder is excluded from your Anti Virus scanner program

when installing any FTX title rightclick the exe and select to install as administrator

make sure that you install the latest ORBX Library files after an install of any FTX Title

for FTX sceneries to work correctly with fsX it needs to be patched to SP1+SP2 or the Acceleration pack

Thank you Wolter. I just knew I had forgotten something. The flamin' UAC caught me for the second time in the last time six years, give or take a decade. Now I KNOW I getting old. Comes from re-loading Win 7, I have not had much practice. LOL

Thanks and cheers,

Mac

Archived