PNW and Iceland Demo Archive Issues

Fuzz

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here.  I am going to give FTX a try with P3D and see how things go before I stary laying out loads of cash to replace my FSX... :)  I've tried downloading the PNW Demo (The one with Bowerman Field) and the Iceland demo, both for P3D.  When I do, I get an error message when trying to open the zip file (in either winzip or winrar) saying the file is not a valid archive...  so, something is wrong... I've tried this multiple times.

Is there a fix for this or what am I doing wrong?   Thanks in advance!

I look forward to giving this a go. :)

Randy.

Hi Randy,

there are a number of recent posts with people reporting issues pulling complete downloads from our servers. Thus, it's best to use one of the free download managers that allow for resuming download interruptions, like DownThemAll (Firefox), or "Free Download Manager". These plug into your browser and automatically take over any time you click on a download link.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

it's unpredictable, some people can pull any download without download manager, others one but not another, yet others none at all. Moreover, files with different download options (Orbx ftp, Orbx Cloud, GoogleDrive) often behave differently too. 

Our IT manager looked at all files and servers and everything checked out at our end. The good news is once you've installed a download manager any and all links will work fine.

Cheers, Holger

Hey Holger,

Thanks for the replies again.  :)  I've installed the download manager you suggested, the download went fine. :)  I'm currently trying to install the PNW demo and after it's all done, it says No FSX found in the registry.. I've downloaded the P3D version...  It pops up that message the closes.

Archived