Jandacot to Busselton

John York

I've been doing a lot of boring flights lately coming down the West Coast but we turned the corner on interest when we got to Geraldton.

So, not having done screenshots for a while I thought you might like to see these;

Damn.  ImageShack has gone on strike and won't download any, so I'll try to add them to this thread as an edit tomorrow.

??? ??? ::) ::)::):-[:-[ :-[:o :o :o>:( >:(>:(

Mumble, mumble mumble

John

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your suggestions.  I did try to use the VOZ Hoster and got the pics into it and even transferred one on to the page but then couldn't shift it to make room for the next.  In fact the next one covered the first!

So I reverted to ImageShack who've changed their system, not an improvement I have to say, so if any of you have any instructons but don't refer me to JayKae please 'cos I didn't understand a word of his.

After all that, here're the pictures.  Whew!!!

Jandacot seems to have a proliferation of 'No Parking' signs.  I thought I was back in England!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mandurah looks a nice place

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Parked outside my house....I wish. ;D

Posted Image

Well, after all this I hope you liked them but looking at them in the preview I'm not at all sure it was worth it!  By the way, why don't we have an edit/modify button?

John

A begrudging thank you ImageShack

Hi John,

Thanks for the screenies.  Yes WA is pretty flat and the lack of elevation does make at times for a featureless flight, but it is interesting nonetheless for the locals. 

Mandurah is or was recently the fastest growing locality in Australia, full of retirees and rather large houses on canal development with boats tied alongside.  Nice if you can afford it  :D  It is pretty stacked with your former countrymen/ex pats... enjoying their retirement.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers and all the best,

Thanks for those pictures Chris, makes me feel I'd like to live there.  Perth is also really very nice isn't it?  We had a 'Relocation, Relocation' programme on TV the other night and I must say I wouldn't mind living there, except possible there're too many English there already! ;D

And to the rest of you, thanks for your thoughts and kindness. 

John

Yes, it's a SIAI Marchetti SF200 and is really nice to fly, with knobs you have to turn, opening top, etc. etc.  It comes with about a dozen variations of colour and in right or left seat configurations.  My only complaint is the nose.  It always seems a little offset, to me at any rate, but what is worse it gets in the way no matter how high your seat when coming in to land which to my mind causes you to make a too steep descent.

Still its flyable and looks good, well in the red versions, flashy!

John

Archived