FTX Lights issues- Dawn and Dusk

Flyguy767

Hello,

I have an issue with the FTX Lighting. It seems that the FTX lights ( i have all current patches for Global and Regions installed ) turn off too soon at dawn and come on too late at dusk . For example , i will select a flight  as an example( from the Time and Season on the Create a Flight screen in FSX)

Dusk

August 16   20:23 Local Time   3:23 GMT

Dawn

August 16  06:09 Local Time  13:09 GMT

When my scenerio loads, it is dawn and all the runway  and FTX lights are showing perfectly. I will take off and then suddently about 4-5 minutes later, the lights will automatically shut off. Problem is it is still not light enough outside!. The sun is barely up and my lights suddently dissapear! However , all my runway  and airport lights are still on and will stay on  for quite a while longer ( usually about 45 minutes after dawn)

Same with dusk- i chose 20:23 and lights on - change time to 20:13 and nothing ( however airport lighting is on)...

I tested this scenerio out with UTX lights ( through the UTX panel) and their lights come on ealier at dusk and turn off much later at dawn.

Previously , when i used to FTX Day/Night switicher i did not seem to have this problem as i could keep the lights on 24-7

Question is , is there a setting somewhere that i could extend the length of time that the lights stay on as to make it more realistic. It looks kind of weird that it is still fairly dark outside and my lights turn off way too soon. 

I hope to hear from you soon

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

With the old style lights, effects were used and they can be controlled with the DAY/NIGHT & DAWN/DUSK switches. They were set to display for Night, Dawn & Dusk, hence them being seen at those times

With the new style lights, they have a night texture (lightmap) which is hard coded by the sim, so it cannot be controlled. So an unfortunate drawback with the performance gains that were made.

Hope that makes sense.

Archived