Do triple installers work with FSX & P3D on same machine ?

simoncplant

I've scanned the forum and the FAQ but can't find an answer (may not be looking hard enough...).

I've got FSX with all my ORBX sceneries installed there, but also have P3D (not installed) but am considering installing it soon to start to use it for VFR (until PMDG supports it).  Will the triple installers recognise that I've already installed for FSX and cope well with another install for the P3D directory/drive ?  How would FTX Central work with a P3D and FSX install on different drives ?

Does this work at all ? (I plan to use one of the sims at a time) or do I need to have two windows installs and dual boot ?

Thx

Si

Hi Simon,

I created a pair of folders on the desktop to keep the two sims easily identifiable; Prepar3D v1.4 (because not everything ready for v2.x) and Prepar3D v2.3. All the icons are placed in their respective folders so I can quickly launch which ever I want at a given time without the "dooh, I wanted the other sim" moments that occasionally hit me. ;)

Respectfully,

Brian

• 3 months later...

The triple installers can be used if you have FSX and Prepar3Dv2 on the same machine. You'll have a second FTX Central specifically for Prepar3Dv2.

Regards,

Alex

Alex,

I assume from your reply that it is OK legally (per the software license) to do this.

Say, I currently own FSX and one copy of Orbx PNW.

If I purchase P3Dv2, I can use that one Orbx PNW Triple Installer to install PNW for P3D, separately on the same PC that already has PNW for FSX on it.

Yes?

Thanks,

Matt

Archived