PNW shipping cranes are gone

ship

Hello,

Brand new user of PNW for FSX.   After installing PNW and relevant patches + oxlib I've noticed the cranes in Seattle are gone (I have my scenery sliders maxed out btw.)  Looked down at Tacoma and cranes are still there.  Tried reinstalling PNW but same issue.  Any info appreciated.

Ship

Order-FSS0308600

I should add, my computer is pretty half ass, I-5 and lame video card.   When I fly through seattle its pretty choppy but would my lack of hardware make the cranes disappear altogether.  New to all this, thanks.

Hi,

Unfortunatley I think the Seattle area with FTX PNW active is a bit demanding on most setups. When I start a daytime flight from Seatac using just the default Baron my VAS usage (an approximate measure of the resources being used) is around 2.7GB rising to over 3GB after take off in flight over Seattle itself. If I use a resource hungry addon like the PMDG 777 then the VAS usage quickly approaches the 4GB 'out of memory' threshold causing FSX to crash. Although FSX is smooth, frame rates for the default Baron over Seattle tend to be in the mid 20s on my system which is lower than I get elsewhere (however I don't bother about frame rate monitoring if FSX is performing smoothly).

What is your processor speed and video card memory and how much RAM have you available onyour system? I certainly haven't got a particularly powerful computer compared to what others seem to have (it was powerful in it's day!) but FSX largely still performs very well for me. My set up is an i7 Quad core 3.5Hhz processor, 16GB RAM and a 2GB GTX670 Video card.

With regard to your cranes, I am not sure why they have disappeared - mine are present and I don't have my autogen density maxed out (it is set at very dense) although my scenery complexity slider is at maximum. When you say "choppy" I assume you mean that FSX seems stuttery as you fly rather than smooth?

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.  Setting the scenery to ultra dense does indeed bring the cranes back it also brings my FPS down to 12, looks like its time for a new graphics card.

Thanks again.

Archived