Iceland Airport Elevation Problems

gijas

I'm getting elevation problems at airports in Iceland. Two airports had runways covered almost completely with grass or under the main elevation of the surrounding land in canyons. I have Global, Vector and OpenLC Europe activated in FTX Central and also in Global Hybrid mode. I tried disabling Vector completely and disabling the airports in Vector elevation corrections list but still have issues after doing this. Should I disable Global Hybrid mode completely or is it something else? 

Before I bought Global, OpenLC Europe, etc. I had the Iceland demo installed. But I uninstalled it before installing Global, OpenLC Europe and Vector thinking there was no use to keep the demo since I presumed it had the same content as what's in OpenLC Europe. Anyway, I'm not sure what your getting at? Are you saying installing the Iceland demo again will solve the airport elevation issues? Can you do that with Global, Vector and OpenLC Europe already installed?

Hi gijas

If you go to the FTX Global Iceland Demo and click on it you will be presented with two different demos.

You should click and download the 'ON' demo as you already have Global.

The description explains that this demo is designed for those that have Global and is an upgrade to the LC.

My reason for suggesting that you reinstall the demo is in case something went wrong when you uninstalled it

Best of luck

Ian

Installed the Iceland ON demo for Global and started at the same airport in Iceland I left off which is BIAR. The following shots are from this airport. I also had the same issues at BIHU just down the coast. My latest FTX Orbx Libraries version is 140703. I also have Hybrid mode in FTX Central checked.

A0gYd.jpg

3FzjG.jpg

Hi gijas

VPU05.png

As you can see, I thankfully do not have your problem and as I have just noticed that you are using P3D V2.2 and I am using FSX, I am unable to assist you any further.

My comment about using the Iceland demo, even though you have Global, still stands as it gives you more content for Iceland than Global, Vector and Open LC on their own.

I am sure someone will be able to assist you and wish you all the luck.

Kind regards

Ian

Wolter, I did make sure Global was selected before I installed the demo. Hybrid mode was on also. Anyway, I flew to a neighboring airport I hadn't been to yet to see if the problem would persist and BIGR was normal though its a island strip and not connected to the mainland. I will try to disable Hybrid mode and see if it helps the elevation issues at BIAR and BIHU. The problem seems random but very distracting. The sim may have not corrected elevation at BIAR since I loaded a save game and did not start new. Also, when I took off from BIAR in the above shots and looked back at the airport it was normal and the entire runway was visable from the air.

Archived