New old topic, for me anyway. [Iceland Demo taxiways?]

P I C

The Iceland Demo update cured this problem for a bit but now it's back. The southern half of BIAR's RW 01/19 is missing again. I'll admit that the Twotter I fly doesn't need much runway, but still, it would be nice to have in bad weather. Here's what it looks like.

P I C

I stated in my first topic that I had install the Demo update and that temporarily solved the problem. Now the problems has started again. BIAR is located in the city of Akureyri, Iceland. Before I installed the Iceland Demo update, the complete runway was missing. Now it's just the southern half which has started recently. Yes, this is related to the link you provided but this a new problems similar to the old one.

I assume that the free "Orbx Iceland Demo" is not on the same level as the payware version of openLC Europe.

Your problems are very similar to the ones I reported:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80317-ground-texture-problems-after-iceland-update/

I was told those problems are gone with the payware version, different update corrections were done.

Maybe the demo version will benefit from it ...

I guess mine is similar to that but I have green grass instead of mud/sand that you have. Before the Iceland Demo was updated, the complete runway was missing except for the thresholds at each end. Now only half the runway is missing so I guess I should consider that as "progress". BIAR is the only field where I find this occurrence. I haven't flown BIIS recently but I will to see if that is going on there.

P I C

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few days away from the yoke and pedals. Didn't add or delete anything. Flew from Gremsy BIGR to Akureyi BIAR and the missing part of the runway was there. What a mystery?

Archived