Attn: GA Aircraft Painters

Jocko Flocko

I have quite a few pay-ware aircraft that I have purchased over the years, some have many amazing repaints available and some don't. I guess it comes down to the popularity of the addon aircraft and the availability of real life photo's for those that want purely Real Life repaints. One of my favorite bush planes is the 'Flight Replica's Piper Super Cub Ultra', yet there's only a handful of really great repaints that have been done for it, mainly buy an awesome artist called Bushpilot over on the OzX forums, he really is fantastic at what he does!

I would like to begin painting myself as I have a very good source locally of three real life Piper Super Cub's and two Piper Cubs (one of which served in the Korean War and is still piloted by the very same Korean War veteran that served for Canada -God Bless him -it's actually an L21 Grasshopper, but close enough for what available.

. I know this great gentlemen personally and I have flown many times with him all over Ontario, Canada. I would like to re-create his planes paint scheme with the A2A Piper Cub, but I'm not familiar with paining FSX aircraft, however, I would love to learn as I already have a medium skill-set with Adobe Photo-shop, I'm in no way a beginner.

--I would greatly appreciate any links to FSX/P3D painting tutorials on the Internet, these would help in a very big way if they even exist.

--I would greatly appreciate any opinions, input and tips when beginning such projects in Photoshop.

--I would greatly appreciate any artistic tips from some of you fantastic artists like Ron Attwood, Bushpilot, JanKees, and any other great artists I forgot to mention.

I would also like to take this time to thank every single painter who has dedicated his time and effort to repainting these addon aircraft, without you guys and your paint works I wouldn't have even purchased some of the pay-ware aircraft I own today.

Thanks

Jocko

Archived