square grass at Wa79

waynelp

Greetings, wonderful upgrade for Walter's, good work.

This is P3dv2. I have tried all scenery settings, really I have. All drivers updated.

I see this when the Volumetric grass for the runway is checked.  All other scenery is working fine, it seems.  I believe my PC can handle this.

Thank You.

vxy2s.jpg

Just out of interest, try a different season - Spring vs Summer etc, this makes a difference to the crops anyway (Different growth during the year).

PS: I would check it myself but I'm just heading out the door.

Hi Wayne,

Glad you like the re-boot.

From your screen shot I am seeing the V-grass displaying correctly. From a very low angle, the individual stacked pixels that make the grass blades are seen as tiny squares. What you are seeing is the pixels...edge on.

The V-grass is designed to give the grass areas some texture and to be viewed from slightly above, as you would see it from the cockpit or human eye level.

Hmmm, I was going to post exactly the same issue. I hate to be a downer on such a great product, but I'm afraid I really dislike this grass guys. One of the things I particulalrly liked in the original scenery was the grass! I have to say, I am aware of this strange look to the grass even from some height above. Sorry Gordon, JV, just some honest feedback.

I welcome yours and everyone else's input Howard.

The V-grass is a concept under development. The CP switch allows for it to be turned off.

The grass on the runway is a short thin grass. Have a look at the early seasonal (V-grass) crops and let me know what you think of the effect there.

Also, I've placed a finer, taller grass around the hangars. I'll be interested in your thoughts there.

The various traditional ground cover brush and grasses are new generation since John and Tim first did the build. Unfortunately the updated FSX/P3D/P3Dv2 installer only uses these new grasses, so there is not an option to use the old build in V2. I suppose that one could keep the original in FSX and only install the new Sutton in V2.

Gordon,  I have re-evaluated my earlier posting. I was expecting to see the runway "grass" as thin bladed single pieces.  After looking at the scenery from a different height is looks like the "bottle Brush" type of weeds that I see in the real world.  Those when viewed close up and on the side look similar to what I have around my area of the world.  Not bad looking.

Again good job.

Thanks.

WLP

Gordon,  I have re-evaluated my earlier posting. I was expecting to see the runway "grass" as thin bladed single pieces.  After looking at the scenery from a different height is looks like the "bottle Brush" type of weeds that I see in the real world.  Those when viewed close up and on the side look similar to what I have around my area of the world.  Not bad looking.

Again good job.

Thanks.

WLP

Thanks Wayne,

I'm always looking to improve upon the assets I place in my work...your input is very much appreciated.

This particular V-grass was intended to have a sparse appearance. With V-grass I can create any pattern and saturation required by the application. The "density" of the coverage is not subject to a cumulative FPS penalty as with the traditional grasses we use. For instance, I could create a "golf course" grass with a thick lush appearance for the same cost as the sparse coverage of Walter's runway grass.

It all comes down to artistic interperetation when we build an airport. It is certainly possible for me to create a grass option in the CP that allows the user to pick and choose the type of runway grass they prefer. Maybe I'll do that in another build and see how it is received.

Message to all...you're not going to offend me by posting your thoughts.

I'm relatively bullet proof.

G

Gordon,

I downloaded this last night and took a "slew" throughout Walter's.  It is absolutely amazing! And Chuckie is damned near as fearless as the squirrels we have out here. ;) 

Respectfully,

Brian

Archived