Ftx Global, Vector, OpenLC EU, priority in scenery Library?

Hi Guys,

First I would like to say that I am really pleased with your ftx global products range and the way it improved the overall look of p3d!

Basics first: I own FTX Global, Global Vector and OpenLC Europe. My mesh product is PILOTS fs global 2010. I also have have many airports, mostly aerosoft and all major products by fly tampa, fsdt, latin vfr.

Also I am familiar with the basics of ordering the scenery library.

However I have the following question: In the scenery library, If I am ordering it manually, what is the correct order of fs global 2010 mesh, ftx global, vector and open lc? I know that all addon airports habe to be higher in priority than the ftx products so its just about the correct order of the orbx/ftx global products (as we all know, basics are most important ;) )

I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I was not able to find a threat, that contains a tutorial for all the ftx gobal products with open lc together.

thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best regards

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Firstly, Global itself does not appear in the scenery library as it is a texture replacement of the default textures. Secondly, in my setup, Vector and Global mesh place themselves where they should be.

I leave Vector where it places itself (above the default 1107 Base entry). Directly above that appears my Global mesh entries and then I manually set my openLC entries below my FTX Regions. In you case, I would manually put them below your addon airports

Hi Ed, 

thank you very much for your quick reply.

My scenery library already looks quite like you recommended it, except for the vector layers. They are located above my mesh and below OpenLC.

So what I'm going to do is to place the Vector layers to where you recommended and make some flights to check the results.

Luckily, in my hometown Munich, the major roads and famous buildings are placed extremely accurate by FTX Vector and OpenLC. So it will be easy to check.  ^-^

You guys did an amazing job with your products! I'm really looking forward to the other OpenLC releases!

Best regards

Sebastian

Ok, after I did some flights in germany and france with the scenery library layers set in the order you recommended, everything seems to be fine.

I have to admit I am not sure if changing the layers did make any difference, but at the places I know, the roads, streams and major buildings are placed at the right spots.

Thanks again for your support!

Best regards

Sebastian

It's almost counter intutive when I think about where Vector should reside in the scenery library because the "sandwich" diagram in the "Whats it all About" manual shows it as the top layer above mesh, LC and Textures.Maybe that's where some confusion arises. 

Ben,

I haven't purchased Vector yet as I wait patiently for V1.20. I would just move your entries to match what Ed says above, not difficult at all to reorder anyway you like, nothing is permanently broken.

My FSGlobal mesh sits atop the 1107 Base file, my EU LC entries originally installed just below my lowest FTX entry. I moved those entries down 3 spots below my Tongass High and Low folders and my Addon Scenery folder which is empty, I don't mix and match on this rig, Orbx / FSGlobal Mesh products only.

There are a number of default FSX folders (high detail airports?) sitting between the mesh folders and the Open LC ones.

When I do install Vector I expect it to insert itself in between my 1107 Base and FSGlobal Ultimate Mesh folders except for the one Vector folder that goes third one up from the bottom by itself.

Global Base (Textures) does not install in the Scenery Library.

Anyway, I think I got it right and I've been flying all over Global EU LC for a week and its spectacular at what it does, and I expect with Vector installed where it belongs things will be fine. The ordering of the layers in the diagram may not have anything to do with how the software calls up the various layers for presentation.

Archived