Problem Reinstalling ORBX after Windows Reinstall

cptdes

Guys, sorry to be a pain but I recently had to do a complete reinstall ow Win 7.

I have successfuly reinstalled FSX and today started to put back all my ORBX starting with NZNIsland from the backup copy I had made after d/loading it from FSS.

It unwrapped OK but...

That is when I started to get problems...Twice in a row it failed with this message,

Setup can not create the following folder: C:\Program Files(x86)\MicrosoftGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents

OK I thought......I will try and put in South Island instead, from the original disc I bought...that too failed to install, with the same message.

I am ripping what is left of my hair out ..and any help would be appreciated.. thanks in advance

Des

And if it's not too late, I'd reinstall FSX into a root folder either on drive c:\ or even better on another drive.

Installing into the default c:\program files (x86) is only going to give you endless problems down the road.

Cheers

Jack

Thanks for the replies guys...I have had enough for tonight and have shut the comp down.

Will take up what you said and see what happens in the morning and let you know what happens......

Now back to the football (Australian Rules) on TV....it's a close game at 1/2 time and I don't want to miss the second half.

Hope my team (Fremantle) has another win ::) ::)

Well sad to say I tried twice this morning to install the scenery (as administrator) and I still have the same problem

Setup can not create the following folder: C:\Program Files(x86)\MicrosoftGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents

I opened the ORBX  folder and it is showing  (folder)FTX_NZ, (folder)Scripts, and what appears to be a file icon similar to Notebook with User Documents next to it with a file size of 4,141 KB.

I am now very confused.

I have now uninstalled FSX using Revo uninstaller and will try reinstalling it when I get home after work.

Will create a folder in C\ drive called FSX and try and put it in there :banghead: :banghead:

Wish me luck ;)

Archived