Insert disk 1?

John Paul

Hi all, first time post.....yeah I know it must have been asked before, but I can't find an answer for this anywhere...having to do a complete reinstall of fsx and my Orbx stuff.....I had the PC built for me, and they installed everything initially, so I started re downloading everything last night, it's taken me 12 hrs to download global base! And that's just the start! I have, global, vector, England Ireland Wales Scotland.

So I'm a complete newcomer to PC's, please bare with me.....so after the 12 hrs started install this morning and it asking me for disk #1 !? What now? What did I do wrong?

Would be very gratefull if someone could help me, I'm sat in front of computer now, and it's gonna take me days to re download everything!

Regards, John.

Little confused by your question.    "and they installed everything initially"  I assume this is referring to FSX?

Which programe are you trying to install?

See      http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17347-possible-cause-of-insert-disks-message-during-installation-of-pnw/

This "insert disc" request refers to PNW but the sequence is similar to all ftx installs so it may help

Thanks Misha, like I said I'm a complete novice with PC's and all this stuff, I might need a step by step guide, sorry!

Hi Bruce e, the PC builders yes sir, they initially installed fsx and all my orbx stuff, I'm trying to install FTX Global Base.

John.

Don't really understand all this unzipping etc, don't even know if I've done it correctly!?

Sorry this is alien to me lol!

John.

Hi John,

sorry, but I would like to recommend that you try to get help at your location. Maybe you have a friend with some profound PC knowledge? You can learn how to do things and be able to do it by your own the next time.

Spirit

Yes all done now, thanks guys and sorry lol!

Few more questions:

1: can I now go ahead and install any patches for global base?

2: do I need to run fsx first?

3: is this the correct order to reinstall: global base+ any patches

Vector+any patches

Then my regions england-Wales etc?

4:I'm going to buy the new Europe land class product soon, is it ok to install this after all of the above?

Cheers all, John.

Thats a basic "yes" to all your questions BUT personally I would run FSX in between each install, don't just throw the kitchen sink at it & then start up fsx.

You will also need to defrag your hard drive..if you haven't got a defrag programme yet, the windows one is not the best, check this out, 28 day free trial & comes with instructions on exactly how to defrag it for fsx                    "Ultimate Defrag"  http://www.disktrix.com/

Thanks again all, just one more question

All the regions U.K regions I brought in July, so will I need all the patches aswell? Or am I right in thinking that the latest purchased regions include the patches?

Thank you guys, John.

Hi John,

go to your fsX Central and check the versions you have installed under "Tools" => Reports => FTX Products Installed

in case of doubt you can always double check the support page for further updates and patches, 

Please make sure to always run the latest library files last after a install and set FTX Central to the region you are installing to

Hi all, my England version says 130 purchased June 2014, so I presume I don't need the patches?

And I guess that goes for Wales Scotland and Ireland too? They were all brought in June.

Cheers, all! Keep up the outstanding work Orbx team! I just brought Shoreham, and will get Goodwood later on too!

Thanks, John.

Archived