ORBX AI Traffic Not Appearing

VolksytheBug

Hi all!

First off, I'd like to say how incredible Full Terrain is. I have the PNW pack and multiple payware airports, and they are fantastic! As a real GA pilot, nothing even comes close in terms of immersion as ORBX products do.

Okay, now here's my issue: recently, I installed the ORBX AI pack, hoping to see more realistic AI appear at my PNW airports. However, besides the static 3D scenery models of aircraft, no AI traffic seems to appear. I unticked the "FSX Default" box and followed all instructions for installation, but I NEVER see another airplane in the skies above the Northwest, nor do I see them landing or taking off even at airports as busy as Bowerman. I  was hoping someone on here could shed some light on this issue.

Blue skies!

Noah    '--)--

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

First off, I'd like to say how incredible Full Terrain is. I have the PNW pack and multiple payware airports, and they are fantastic! As a real GA pilot, nothing even comes close in terms of immersion as ORBX products do.

Okay, now here's my issue: recently, I installed the ORBX AI pack, hoping to see more realistic AI appear at my PNW airports. However, besides the static 3D scenery models of aircraft, no AI traffic seems to appear. I unticked the "FSX Default" box and followed all instructions for installation, but I NEVER see another airplane in the skies above the Northwest, nor do I see them landing or taking off even at airports as busy as Bowerman. I  was hoping someone on here could shed some light on this issue.

Blue skies!

Noah    '--)--

I have the same issue.  Since installing, I have NO traffic...even MY TRAFFIC is gone...only Default traffic is sparse. 

please check via FTX Central and the NA AI traffic CP what is ticked if there is nothing activated you won't see anything with some exceptions, also check carefully if you don't have ANY fs9 remnant AI as that kills off all fsX AI

Thank you Wolter!  I also run My Traffic Professional, and I do believe they had ONLY FSX-based A.I....but will check and report back.

Well...I found out what was happening.  After I installed the ORBX GA and AU ....something in the scripts REMOVED my My Traffic entry in the Scenery Mask.  Also, the install did not add the AU TRAFFIC folder either. I added back the My Traffic folder entry, as well as pointed to the AU Traffic folder.  I now have back my My Traffic A.I., as well as PNW G.A. A.I.  There might be something wrong in the installer scripts....   Just a thought, for it did remove my My Traffic entry after installation was completed. 

Wolter van der Spoel,

I have the same no-show of AI now in the FTX NA NCA areas.

Have tried everything in the AI control panel inside FTX Central.

Have not knowingly installed any FS9 aircraft.

What/where do I look to check for any FS9 stuff that might be the cause as you have stated?

Probably a simple answer but being asked by a very simple 80 year old.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada

• 2 weeks later...

Wolter van der Spoel,

I have the same no-show of AI now in the FTX NA NCA areas.

Have tried everything in the AI control panel inside FTX Central.

Have not knowingly installed any FS9 aircraft.

What/where do I look to check for any FS9 stuff that might be the cause as you have stated?

Probably a simple answer but being asked by a very simple 80 year old.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada

Edwin, go to Scenery/World/Scenery/type 'T' and you will see all the TRAFFIC bgl's..   Some might be turned off...and the scripts (control panels) are not accessing them.  If you see one with anything in the name and extension other than Traffic(blah blah).BGL....just reactivate that BGL, by correcting the extension to read x.bgl and then press ENTER.  You should now see traffic build in the area.  Some of the ORBX panel scripts are not doing anything in my setupl..and I have to go in and manually make it either for active: x.bgl or inactive: x.lgb to disable that traffic bgl file.   I hope this helps.

PNW User,

Thanks for the tip.

Strange that selecting the control panel options that one wanted didn't have the effects that manually adjusting the bgl files does?

I see now that the control panel appears to not function at all.

Have had to back off the traffic sliders to 10% now.

Thanks again.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada.

Archived