EGNF No buildings / statics after Sumburgh install

Nick_H

Odd .... I've just purchased and installed Sumburgh then installed the latest Orbx Libs. Gone to EGNF to do a flight to Sumburgh and the main airfield buildings have vanished along with the statics. People are walking about though.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

I've just checked a couple of small airfields and they appear to be OK. It's as if a Twister has gone through Netherthorpe ( EGNF ), erased the buildings and just left the concrete foundations !!

Hi John thanks for replying. Well it's odd... Could it be something to do with the new Libs ? I've just stuck the Cessna at EGNF and one by one removed all my third party sceneries from the Scenery Lib including MyTraffic until I was left with just my Orbx UK scenery.

Still the same.

OK Tried another ... Reinstalled all UK and service packs. Tried EGNF. No buildings. Installed latest libs. No buildings... So I'm at a loss now. I'm quiet sad because that's my local airfield and I always fly from their.

I don't really want to start a fresh FSX install because it just takes soo long.

Any other ideas most welcome ...

Thanks for the reply Wolter.... I think I may have had Central set to Europe on install.... Have to say this is the first problem I have had with the FTX Scenery and it is probably my fault lol ! I've just done a re install of Sumburgh and Libs with central set to default but still the same....

If you cant think of anything else don't worry about it. I'll just fly from a different base. I'm sure it will fix itself at my next full install sometime in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nick,

hope you've had some great Hols 8)

only thing I can think of is to re-install the UK sceneries, there's no need to un-install :)

start with making darned sure that FTX Central is set to Europe  and do a lil flight so we are sure that all files are updated and the scenery Dbase is activated

run the UK installers in sequential order followed by the latest library files

fire up fsX to rebuild the Dbase close fsX

run the EGPB installer followed by the latest library files again

fire up fsX and select EGPB

in case of please post a screenshot as to what we are seeing at your end,

info on how to do that on our forums you can find here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/?p=335815

Downloaded latest 3 in one UK  installer

Set FTX Central to default and tested.... Set FTX Central to Europe and tested

Installed latest UK

Installed latest libs

Launch and close FSX

EGPB Installed

Latest Libs installed

Launch FSX and.... Drum roll !!!!! EGNF Still the same lol !!

It's weird because the other small airports in the area are OK... Just had a thought. I recently purchased the UK2000 version of Doncaster which is very close to EGNF. I'll disable that and see what what happens.

• 2 months later...

Hi Wolter ! Been a while but I thought this would be worth a revisit now ....

Luckily ( not ) over the past few days I've had to too a system rebuild. Full fresh OS install etc.

Loaded up FSX and patched to SP1 then SP2.

Installed Orbx UK and ran latest libs.

EGNF is still exactly the same !!!

It must be broken in the latest installer ?

Cheers !

Archived