Open LC EU's effect if any on FTX EU SCO

I wish to gain a better understanding of Open LC EU compared to the existing regions accessed via Europe Icon in FTX Central.

I understand that not all European regions are accessed thru the Europe Icon so I will restrict my query to one region that is in both "icons"  i.e. Scotland.

I wish to know what the difference is for Scotland via Open LC EU (Global icon in FTX Central) compared to via Europe icon in FTX Central.

please. Appreciate everyone's opinions however I would like clarification only from Orbx developers please.

Thankyou Dan

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74347-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/?p=751646

If you are flying in only UK and Ireland select 'Europe' in FTX Central

If you are flying anywhere outside the full FTX regions, use 'Global' - this includes OpenLC Europe.

If you are flying between UK and Ireland into another part of Europe - use global with hybrid mode on.

FTX Europe region currently covers UK and Ireland. So Scotland is much more detailed in the full FTX region than the Global with OpenLC version will be.

FTX scotland includes, POI's, custom high detail landclass, mesh and upgraded airports. You dont get that with OpenLC and Global.

Thanks Glenn, so I suppose it is safe to say that one gets the best effect for Scotland, and Wales and England and both Irelands by selecting the FTX Europe Icon in FTX Central and further, that one really only needs Open LC for areas not yet covered by a FTX Region. So to my mind then with Orbx concentrating on Open LC worldwide, there will be no more specific regions created by Orbx as they will  be covered in Open LC regions as they are published (this also presumes that one has the other products i.e. vector, global etc.) I fly a lot in Oceania and rarely, if ever, fly out of that region, so I will not need Open LC Oceania  if I stay in Australia region unless Orbx includes updates to their existing Oceania scenery?

Cheers  Dan

Archived