Buildings and Trees now Appearing in Water

Hello Team,

Finally got to purchase new "OpenLC Europe", today, installation went without a hitch. Installed latest orbx libs from FTX support  "140703". Rebooted PC, started up FSX, and went to EGHP for a test run and it was not good news for me.

Trees on runway, buildings in water. Went to YCDR and its worse in Australia. Trees and buildings in ocean off Caloundra. This is now happening everywhere. Crazy. I have ALL ORBX sceneries installed on my rig, and have never had this issue before

Never had this issue before installing OpenLC Europe. At the moment I am unable to fly and need help please. I can provide what ever information is required to help. 

All help and advice is much appreciated.

Regards

Sam Craig

Hello Team,

So you can see my dillema, I have a few screen shot that may assist.

Rmbt.jpg

This is appearing all around the globe on my flight sim.(FSX).

Regards

Sam Craig

Hello Team,

This is a screen shot taken at PAYA

co7yu.jpg

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Regards

Sam Craig

Hello Team,

Just checking in to see if anyone has had a chance to look at my MAJOR problem after installing OpenLC Europe. My simulator is unflyable due to this issue. It was not an issue before I installed this new add on. I am not complaining or anything, but, I have spent ALOT of money on Orbx products, and some help would be appreciated. Sorry if I sound rude, but not being able to fly really sucks because of this.

Regards

Sam Craig

Hi Sam,

I'm on the other side of the world hence no direct response due to time lag ............

anyways seem you took a wrong turn somewhere when installing OLC EU

I do hope you had set FTX Central to default/Global

and that you ran the latest library files as well after the install

another thing that can cause the issue at hand is an incorrect scenery order

basically all FTX entries should be above the OLC entries, you can make it so by using the scenery insertion point tool incorporated within FTX Central

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your assistance Walter, Sorry if I sounded to loud.

Prior to installing OLC EU into FSX, FTX Central was set to Global as required. Also downloaded the scenery OLC  pdf file, just to make sure about the entry points. It appears that the scenery library entry points are correct, and all FTX entries are above the OLC entries.

Also made sure I have the latest ORB libs. Crazy thing is, that it was all fine before hand. I have all the Orbx sceneries installed, I had a few issues with airport elevations, and I used the FTX Vector Config tool to fix these which was like magic.

But I do not think this has anything to do with my issue. Its like the scenery has been placed on top of another after this install.

This one has got me stumped Walter. If there is anything I can do my end Walter, please let me know. I can show more pictures if needed.

I waited a little before purchasing OLC EU,  and I was reading amazing results, so I acquired it, and I am still happy even though there is an issue. I will hang off for now before I install it into P3DV2.2 just in case.

Thanks again for your help Walter

Regards

Sam Craig

Hello Walter,

I believe I have solved my problem and gained some extra gas.

This is how I solved my issue as per my previous post. Please note that prior to my doing anything, I always make a backup just in case. 

Whether this is the correct way or not, this has worked for me, and it was better then a complete re-install of everything.

1. Run Backup

2. Run FSX Repair Disk (located on original FSX disk)

3. Reboot PC

4. Run FSX ACC Repair Disk(located in your FSX Acceleration Disk)

5. Reboot PC

6. Start up FSX(run as administrator)

7. Let FSX do its vodoo, and click on "YES" and "RUN" to all your addons

8. Shut down FSX and Reboot PC

9. Run FTX Vector Configurator to correct any elevation issues

10. Run FTX Central and set to FTX Global, all 3 boxes ticked, apply then exit

11. Start FSX, more vodoo, go for a test flight.

Here is the results after my repair

XCODF.th.jpg YCDR

Z1Ifj.jpg PAYA

As mentioned earlier, this worked for me and may not work for you. I feel like a clever little achiever. I just hope this may help anyone else who may have the same issue.

Thank you Walter for your assistance

Now off to install into P3DV2.2

Regards

Sam Craig

Archived