Default Maule

Pete Wilcox

Hello fellow pilots,

I like flying the Maule and probably do about a third of the time. However it has this strange anomaly when you land. In the VC the sound corresponds as you throttle down, but I have noticed when I use an outside view to taxi the sound is still at full throttle and stays that way.

Do other people notice this and is there a way to fix it?

Pete

Kinda sounds like it is the sound system in your PC. I have SoundMax on my Asus motherboard and the Maule if fine from start to parking.

You might try updating your sound. If you are using sound from the motherboard, check for updates for it. If you have a dedicated sound card, check for updates for it.

Thanks Brian, I am using FSX. Taxiing to departure is fine, it's only after landing that I notice it. Can't say I have noticed any other aircraft doing this but I'll check them out also.

This happens for me on some aircraft, including some payware aircraft. It is inconsistent (or at least appears so). I have always presumed it's some kind of bug in the aircraft model. The sound files need to be swapped around according to the state of the aircraft and I guess if the logic isn't watertight you can get anomalies. From memory, I think it mostly happens on (as in your case) switching between internal and external views.

Greeting all,

Pete, I could not duplicate your issue... Mind you I'm running P3D2, but I do remember getting audio "looping errors" in FSX after 45+ minutes of flight time AND swapping between the VC and exterior views. At its worst, it would suddenly go into a 0.5 second blurb and then the sound froze to an annoying squeal. I always assumed it was a memory issue caused by my, at the time, very low end system.

I would follow Grover's comments and verify that your audio drivers are up to date. Perhaps run the DirectX diagnostic program to make sure all is in order there.

One more thing to try is to do a complete shut down of your PC, restart it, kill all the unnecessary programs and then load FSX and only the Maule. That was the only way my old system would play nice... On the 3rd or 4th aircraft change I could guarantee a CTD in FSX, regardless of the scenery (or lack thereof.)

Respecfully,

Brian

Thanks all,

I tracked a flight listening to when I first noticed it and agree with Mark.  I noticed it started while switching back and forth between the spot view.  I rarely use the spot view and it's one more reason to ignore it all together.

Thanks.

Hi Pete,

This is a known 'FSX bug', it occurs randomly, the only way to resolve the problem when noticed is:-  While in external Spot view, toggle the keyboard "Q" key. This will set the throttle RPM and sound file appropriate to the actual throttle position. You can then cycle the views back to cockpit view or spot view, the sound should then match TP. It might reoccur during a session retoggle the "Q" key and all will be well. 

Archived