Global openLC Europe scenery library configuration

Hi all,

I installed openLC Europe  this afternoon - I am very happy with southern Europe.

I previously installed Ireland and Northern Ireland - the order number for the former is in my sig.

As I under it, from the openLC user guide, page 13 scenario 13, if I am flying exclusively in Orbx FTX region, I should select Europe in FTX Central using Region Exclusive Mode.

When I came back to fly from my home base, Kerry airport, all the scenery tiles were seriously messed up. This is a problem for me, as I am very happy with EU IRL.

The strange thing is that when I switched back to FTX Global on FTX Central, the problem seems to have gone away. This seems to be counter to what is advised in the user guide.

Have I missed something? Should I change the FTX Scenery Library insertion points?

I would be most grateful for your advice.

Eamonn Shanahan

EIKY

Dear Eamonn,

there was some information document posted by Ed Correa somewere in this forum but I can't find it at the moment.

Would be helpful to have it available as the OpenLC-entries have been inserted above all my addons as well ... >:(

I believe the word EUROPE in FTX Central is where most people are getting confused my understanding is that if you have FTX FULL REGIONS like FTX England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales then you need to set FTX Central to EUROPE if you are only going to fly in those areas alone and not going outside those full fat regions.

If you want to fly from say EGLL to LFPG then you need to set FTX Central to GLOBAL and tick Hybrid to enable you to fly continuously from a full fat region to European mainland.

If you are going to fly outside of full fat regions only for example from EHRD TO LFPG then you need to select FTX Central to GLOBAL. Thats my understanding if wrong then I'm sure I will be corrected by an Orbx team member.

I have not had a problem since putting my scenery library in order and following what I have stated above which leaves me to believe that what I have stated above is correct?

Archived