Global Icon or Specific Region Icon

Bassman

Hi Bassman

Open LC EU is a Global product and therefore you should choose Global icon.

If you are flying from an area that you have a regional product for ie:- Scotland or Wales and wish to go to an area in the world that you do not hold a regional product for ie:- England, then make sure you also tick the hybrid box

Kind regards

Ian

Hi bassman

You have two main choices, firstly you can fly using FTX global and include in this choice FTX vector and FTX Open Landclass if you want or you can fly using an FTX Region.

The most accurate scenery is to be found in the Region packs and if you have one or more of these then these are the ones to use first using the Global products to fill in the gaps between Regions .

Individual Airports are also far more accurate to reality than Global airport packs and fit into the Regional Packs seamlessly.

Try reading this :-http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/.

This should answer nearly all of your questions

Kind regards

Ian

Thanks Ian

I have read the guide and think that I now understand(??) that if I fly only within an Orbx Region i.e. Scotland (part of Europe Icon)  then I would not need Open LC EU at all. However at present if I fly in say, Germany, then I do need Open LC EU (and related Orbx products) to get the best visuals as Germany does not form part of the Europe Icon (yet??). Which brings me to another observation, as Open LC continues to be expanded, gradually the need for regional Icons will diminish until we will no longer need them; i.e. when Open LC is fully expanded all we will need is the Global Icon.??

Cheers  Dan

Archived