FTX lamp-post lights on during day, at airports, off during night...

Orbx Flyer

Hi,

Are you asking about "scenery lights" or 'aircraft lights' as the "L" key has nothing to do with scenery lights

Aircraft lights  -  Key / button settings for lights are found in your FSX controller settings.

• L - toggles all Aircraft lights  -pressing the L Key will activate all AC lights NAV STROBE LL TAXI INT PANEL INSTRUMENTS and is quite normal behaviour for FSX.
  • Shift+L -  toggles Panel and interior lights independently
  • CTRL+L - toggles Landing Lights independently

Orbx  Global and converted regions use new Vector Road Lights without poles that are automatically set by a check box in FTXCentral and will go off during the dawn/day, except for some street traffic signals, and come on automatically at dusk/night. you can control the color / intensity / size, from a tool called "FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator"

Many Orbx Airports and some parts of regions still use Old style lights with poles,  because they are heavier and less optimised than VRL they can be switched on or off using the provided FTX Day or FTX Night icons on your desktop. Day=Lights OFF except for airports  Night=Lights ON everywhere. These Older lights will also go OFF at Dawn and back ON at Dusk automatically. The exception to this is when using DX10 Preview Mode where the lights blink and stay on during the day DX9 does not have this issue.

Hope this clears things up a little

Hi,

Are you asking about "scenery lights" or 'aircraft lights' as the "L" key has nothing to do with scenery lights

Aircraft lights  -  Key / button settings for lights are found in your FSX controller settings.

• L - toggles all Aircraft lights  -pressing the L Key will activate all AC lights NAV STROBE LL TAXI INT PANEL INSTRUMENTS and is quite normal behaviour for FSX.

Shift+L -  toggles Panel and interior lights independently

CTRL+L - toggles Landing Lights independently

Orbx  Global and converted regions use new Vector Road Lights without poles that are automatically set by a check box in FTXCentral and will go off during the dawn/day, except for some street traffic signals, and come on automatically at dusk/night. you can control the color / intensity / size, from a tool called "FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator"

Many Orbx Airports and some parts of regions still use Old style lights with poles,  because they are heavier and less optimised than VRL they can be switched on or off using the provided FTX Day or FTX Night icons on your desktop. Day=Lights OFF except for airports  Night=Lights ON everywhere. These Older lights will also go OFF at Dawn and back ON at Dusk automatically. The exception to this is when using DX10 Preview Mode where the lights blink and stay on during the day DX9 does not have this issue.

Hope this clears things up a little

Jeff...my problem is...that, for instance, at a Global freeware airport, the pole lights stay on (white light) even if you are in full Day.  They do NOT turn off. If I load another airport, they are off...but if I cycle between night and day, they will be ON when I switch to day at that airport. Something is screwed up, since installing Europe OpenLC, as that is the only thing I had done, before this problem showed itself. I know that they should have no bearing...but somehow..there is...  I have tried re installing the Vector Light Configurator, and that has not helped as well.   Any suggestions?  I have all my regions to the latest issues....so they should have installed the new Vector lighting.  I had no problems with lighting at all, until I installed Europe OpenLC....   The reason that I referenced the 'L' key...is that when I first ran a flight after Europe OpenLC installation, There was NO lights on at dark. If I cycled my aircraft lights on via the 'L' key...THEN the pole lights illuminated.  If I turned off my aircraft lights...the Pole lights at the airport also shut down...... The other thing I have also done..is to cycle between GLOBAL and North America....run the sim...and cycle back to GLOBAL with both ORBX trees and VECTOR lights enabled.  Still....airport illumination is not working correctly. 

Hi,

I hear what you are saying, so its not AC related "L Key " - and as this relates to "Europe OpenLC" which I do not have, you should wait for Developers to take a peek at your issue.

In the mean time have you installed the Latest "Orbx Libraries" and cycled FTXCentral from FTXGlobal to a Region and back to FTXGlobal  clicking APPLY each time with FSX database rebuild, also trying Hybrid on / off, and Vector Road Lights On /Off.

Did you install OLCEU with FTXC in FTXGlobal mode and apply the area once installer was finished.  

Archived