White Grass in north america

data63

Hi!

I.ve got a problem with some (all?) ORBX airports in NA using nature flow.

zxo0D.pngxXTlu.png

The grass, that is nature flow controlles is white all year long (all pictures using date 2014-07-17)

I don't know if texture is missing or wrong but the trees in the airport entrance of KJAC suggest it's always a winter texure.

all sceneries and patches (including CRM SP3) and latest ORBX Libs are installed. As far a I can read in the process explorer the object flow dll's are loaded.

Any clue?

Hello,

I am also having the same problem, I will watch this thread for a possible solution.

Right now I an seeing it  in EU areas as well as other areas.

Hope someone can come up with a solution.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like ObjectFlow is not working as it should. Starting with KWYS, try going to the C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KWYS\Scenery and run ModuleInstaller.exe then click "Install Flight Simulator module(s)". Then boot up FSX and see if it requests permission to run ObjectFlow_KWYS.dll.

No Joy - still winter in july

... no permission requests on loading but in process-explorer I can see that the ObjectFlow_XXXX.dll's and the ObjectFlow.dll in the ORBXLIBS directory are all active unter the FSX.exe main process

only thing I can see is that there are three "versions" of the ObjectFlow_XXXX.dll (1.0.0.3 (PAKT, KJAC, KBZN, EGHI) 1.0.5.3 (NZSI, NZMF, ORBXLIB) and 1.0.7.1 (NZQN))

Very strange that the modules are loaded into the memory and still not working. Let's try flushing them out of the dll.xml and reinserting fresh. Open the start menu and put in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX into the search bar and hit enter. Open up "dll,xml" and there should be a series of entries that look like this:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Delete each of those for the airports that are causing issues and re-run their ModuleInstaller.exe.

Just to confirm, this is in FSX correct?

Still no joy :blink:

removed all Object_Flow..dll's from dll.cfg and fsx.cfg

executed the moduleinstallers - was asked for the execution of each dll and confirmed

still frozen grass in august.

looks as if if the dll's work (as I see the grass and even the different detail-variations) but the dll doesn't get the right "month_of_year"

Is there any way to read value of the "month_of_year" variable?

anyway - thanks for the help!!

All of the airports that displaying the winter grass (KAJC, PAJN, KWYS) don't have seasonal control panel options and are controlled by ObjectFlow. 

Something new to try, could you check your ObjectFlow date/time stamp for KWYS? It should be last modified July 9, 2012 and the file size should be 348KB (356,352 bytes). If that doesn't match up, try dropping in this module:

ObjectFlow_KWYS.zip

Hi Alex!

thanks for the help - timestamp (for original and the above attached) is July 10, 2012 but maybe it's the timezone shift for germany. Size is indical and a binary compare  says "indentical" and no difference, still "winter"

I manged to read the Month_of_year value from FSX via fsuipc (offsets 0242 and 0244) - both say 8.

object flow seems to work as I see people moving and other things that I suppose are controlled bei object flow - just the month isn't read/interpreted correctly for season depending vergetation.

I'm using Win7 / 64 Pro SP1 - German Edition

Probably a time zone shift, I'm guessing yours probably reads something like 1:46AM. Not all PeopleFlow are controlled by ObjectFlow, so many will probably continue to function ok. Just may not appear depending on what variable is set.

I believe what is happening is that ObjectFlow is loading up and inserting scenery fine but not getting a month value. As a result the value it uses is "null" or zero. Typically hard winter vegetation is set by assigning it to a variable like "<2" which would result in null being interpreted as winter. Now the real question is... why is ObjectFlow getting a null value from FSX. 

What other addons are you running?

sounds very logical...

I use (beside of a great bunch of other sceneries that don't have any "active" component: COATL-based Sceneries by flightbeam and FSDT, AddonManager, GSX, AES, PMDG, FSUIPC, iFly, AES (Audio), VistaMare

I'll try running KWYS with disabling all this "extensions"

back again!

disabling other Sceneries or tools that use "dll.cfg" entries (AddonManager, Vistamare, FSUIPC, iFly, PMDG, ......) didn't help.

but I found out that the wildfires (wildfire #1) that seem to be controlled by the same logic as the gras are visible - so the value of MONTH_OF_YEAR seems to get through to the ObjectFlow_KWYS.dll

I also changed the XML-File for the gras so that the "summer gras" should display at MONTH_OF_YEAR EQUAL 0 - no gras displayed at all.

• 4 months later...

back again...

I did a complete new installation on a new build computer - CRM with newest SP, KWYS with SP1 - still white grass in june :-(

comparing my screen with the pics on the product page I also  seem to miss the static aircrafts and fire engines, also the ground textures around the buildings look blurry as if the "real ones" aren't displayed (maybe they are also controlled by some "flow") ?

I only installed PNW, PFJ and CRM so far to keep the "variables" low

Hope your post will re-open this problem with a solution.  My KSFF payware has had this problem for months now and although support offered many ideas nothing has worked for me.  Just the one airport is affected in my sim but it is annoying that a solution cannot be found.

Originally KSFF worked fine for me but after an absence of a couple of months I re-visited the airport to find the Objectflow problem.  I can not be certain but it may have been that time period when Objectflow became centralized by ORBX and no longer is within each scenery that requires it.

I can't fault support as they gave me a lot of suggestions, downloads and work arounds but nothing has worked.

Good Luck.

Data, this is a link to the forum posts and all the responses and files offered to try and 'fixit' which have not been sucessful for me.  I first noticed the anomaly after the switch to a cental Objectflow instead of one for every software the required it but that is only because I had not visited the airport for some time prior to the discovery of the 'white grass' so can only sumise that could be part of the issue.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/85529-texture-missing-at-ksff-felts-field/

Thanks - seems like you've got the same problem ;-/

just one question as I'm not on my fs right now... - did you ever try disabling FSIUPC as one of the posts said there where rare issues with objectflow and FSUIPC

data,

actually I can't remember if I did or not but as I tried everything else that was suggested I'd wager that I probably did.  I do not have the payware version of FSUIPC installed, just the freeware version.

disabling FSUIPC didn't help :mellow:  - I' now will try some simconnect-settings (IPv4 / v6, changing simconnectports from auto to other settings.....) - maybe some comunication between the dll's and simconnect is blocked or to processes are trying to use the same port

happy landings

Juergen

Juergen,

from my dialog with support the Objectflow problem which is what they are sure it is only occurs at KFSS and with some of the Yosemite Valley Mts.  I have not found problems anywhere else in ORBX scenery.  So unless it had some unique coding I doubt that disabling an utility like FSUIPC would be the problem as it would be more wide spread thoughout ORBX scenery.

Hmmmm....

installed KJAC today - CRM SP3 installed - also "white grass" there (in May).

As all the threads concerning this topic seem to "end in ???" I suppose I'll wait for the new tripple installers as I heard that they switch from "local" object flow dll's to a centralized one - maybe that helps

Happy landings

Juergen

• 1 month later...

Archived