au ai traffic 4.2 removes some aircraft

I have now checked the scripts with the FTX AU AI traffic pack and completed a number of reinstalls of the package without any issues whatsoever. Perhaps there is something else at play on your system here.

Could you please advise what Traffic files are active in your Scenery\World\Scenery folder. You could also check that your FTX AU Boeing B737-800 is present in your SimObjects/Airplanes folder.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I also had the same problem. After looking into the aircraft.cfg for the 737-800 this morning I discovered that the sim= in each repaint didn't match the .air file. After changing it to "sim=aia_737_NG 738 appeared in fsx again.

Hope this helps
Brendan

That would explain it thanks Brendan. I switched over to an improved air file for the 737-800 aircraft and forgot to include that air file in the install. It was already on my system so was unaware of the omission. My bad I'm afraid.

I've since switched all my B737's to the much improved FAIB models, Perhaps I will need to release one more update to correct this oversight and give you all the newer aircraft as a bonus.

In the meantime, here is an amended aircraft config file. Just unzip this file and drop it in your FTX AU Boeing B737-800 folder overwriting your existing one.  

Aircraft.zip

I was just checking the other aircraft and found the the 777-200 is also wrong and if you do release other update is there any chance you could update Emirates EK434/5 Dubai <-> Brisbane <-> Auckland to an A380.

Thank you

Brendan

I've fixed this issue in the main download for the FTX AU AU traffic V4.20 update. If you download and install that update again, all should be sorted. It is fine to reinstall this over your existing files and no other adjustments are required.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80784-ftx-au-ai-traffic-update-v420/#entry740195

You only need to download the FSX version again as the original P3D V2 AU Traffic update was fine

I thought it was but haven't seen it around yet.

You need to check the APX for YBBN to ensure it has a gate big enough. I think the largest gate at the Orbx YBBN is 36M while the A380 needs 41M. If you have Airport Design Editor you could adjust the radius of a couple of parking spots yourself. If there is no suitable parking spot at an airport, the relevant AI aircraft will disappear on landing roll out. The same could apply to NZAA.

I'm sure the guys will sort both as they work through the P3D V2 airport updates.

Archived