Southern alaska scenery error

JAB43

Order no. FSS0298299

Just loaded Southern Alaska plus all service packs. Runway at Homer airport appears below the surface. Is there a current library file that I may have missed? Loaded library file 140601 as suggested but did not fix problem.

Many thanks.

John Burwash

Hi John,

First thing to check is for any duplicate AFX files, you may have one included with third party traffic programs. Run a search for "PAHO" in your FSX directory and post a screenshot of the result.

Another thing to try is go to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery" and look for "ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL" make sure it does not have the .OFF extension.

Let us know how you go.

Alex

I've saved the screen shot but when posting I get message "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community" I do notice that there are two "elevation_adjustment.BGL" files.

What are you looking for here and I may be able to forward it.

Also there is no "OFF extension in the file you asked me to look up.

John

My apologies, I should have linked to the instructions on posting a screenshot: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Do you have two elevation adjustment files with "PAHO" in the name? If so one of those is the cause of the problem, could you provide the date modified for each file?

And no worries about the .OFF extension, if it is a BGL then it is working as it should. When FTX Central is set to Global they should revert to .OFF, but otherwise should be a BGL extension.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex,

Yes there are two elevation adjustment files in PAHO.

Same problem arose for "Valdez (PAVD) which also has two elevation adjustment files.

Date modified for each file is 12/11/2011 for PAHO

And 10/27/2011 for PAVD

Appreciate the help Alex,

John

Update on above file:

Same problem with sunken runway also for:

Skagway(PAGY) elevation adjustment two file modified 11/9/2012

Elmendorf AFB (PAED) elev. adj. modified 11/17/2011

Meril (PAMR) 12/7/2011

However Anchorage (PANC) elev. adj. modified 3/7/2013 looks great.

In all cases there are two files "elevation adjustment"

Looking forward to your thoughts

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

looks like the SAK elevation adjustment files are correct (there are inactive backup copies in the \ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF folder hence the two files) so you probably have third-party airport files for those locations that aren't compatible with our versions. Have a look at the threads for SAK compatibility issues here and let us know if any of those apply to you: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62409-sak-compatibility-index/

Cheers, Holger

Many thanks for the reply. None of those third party issues apply. The only scenery files I have ever loaded are from Orbx, PNW, Northern Rocky's and Southern Alaska. I did load your freeware package of 7 before these awhile back. The only other file I have downloaded is a plane from Real Air. The only problem I've encountered is with the Alaska file. Everything else works great.

John

You can add Juneau to the above list of sunken airports.

Not sure if uninstalling the program and reinstalling would be the answer. As I am fairly new at FSX, I would need to know the proper procedure. I did notice that other post have reported sunken airports, but I am sure each case is different.

Your thoughts?

John

Archived