Help Please [Uninstall PNW on DVD]

stratfordman

Firstly can someone let me know how I uninstall the DVD version of Pacific North West as I have downloaded some patches which have caused some graphic errors.Therefore I would like to uninstall and then reinstall via the DVD option.

Secondly In my FTX Central I have 2 FTX Global Icons and I can only see the FTX trees options and the other 2 options are missing.

I have obviously done something wrong and would appreciate some help/assistance in respect of these 2 issues.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Michael

Please note that I do not have an order number as I purchased the DVD from Flightstore in the UK..(www.flightstore.co.uk)

My order date was 2 December 2013.

I have my invoice note if you would like further details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Michael.

To uninstall PNW you can follow this guide here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30377-uninstalling-na-regions-a-quick-guide/

As for the duplicate icons in the FTX Central, reinstall the latest libraries at the end of any installation and that will put everything back in sync. And one last thing, if you want to transfer your PNW license to FSS and get the latest triple installers that include all patches see this post: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75513-fss-cross-grade-offer-for-all-orbx-dvd-customers-from-other-online-stores/

Regards,

Alex

Dear Alex,

I need a bit more help.

I am in the process of uninstalling PNW.

I deleted the 1st 4 files.then I deleted Scenery_NA_PNW cfg and the ran the config exe.

I then went into FSX/Scenery but all of a sudden the scenery file vanished-I did not delete it but it is not there,really strange.

Could you possibly help a bit further please.

Kind regards,

Michasel

Just to update you further.

I just went to open FSX and I received the following message.

'THe DEM4KM bgl file is missing or damaged.

Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the file.

Flight Simulator will now exit.

I guess this must refer to the missing scenery file,but I cannot understand where this could have vanished to.

Look forward to any suggestions.

Michael

I think I have just found my scenery file in the Set Up Folder.

In the scenery file there are loads of different scenery numbers and at the very bottom is 'world'.

Within the 'world' folder there are 2 files Texture and scenery.

When I click on scenery there are loads of PNW files such as;

ADE_FTX_PNW_00WA_elevation_adjustment and I take it that these are the files to be deleted?

Should I now copy out of the 'set up file' the scenery folder back into FSX to get it working again?

I think what happened is that I clicked on the set up folder icon instead of the scenery icon originally.

I would welcome your further help.

Kind regards,

Micha

Hi again Alex,

I have now sorted everything out and have reinstalled PNW and that is working fine now.iI also have my scenery file back in FSX.

My only concern is in respect of installing the latest libraries at the end of each installation.

I currently have Orbx global world and vector installed.

How do I install the latest libraries to put everything back as it should be-where do I find it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Michael

HI Alex,

Once again many thanks for your reply.

Before I carry out this task am I right in saying that I need to download both of the following patches?

FTX Global 1.10 (Released 5/09/13)

FTX Global 1.20 (Released 13/12/13)

Kind regards,

Michael

HI Alex,

I have downloaded the latest libraries and everything is now fine and back to normal.

However,could you let me know if I still need to download the 2 patches or were they already part of my recent install when I purchased the product.

Kind regards,

Michael

I'm fairly certain that FTX Global is patched to version 1.10 on FSS, if you look at the zip folder or installer executable there will be three numbers at the end of the name which are the version number. So if the installer is named FTXGLOBAL110.exe then it is version 1.10.

Archived