Problem with installing Orbx Australia scenery into scenery.cfg

planeman

I am having problems when running FTX Central and after selecting and applying Oceania it does not add any entries into the scenery cfg.  Is it supposed to add them automatically or I am supposed to add them manually?  I have checked the tools/report and it says it is installed and checked the Scenery config editor and nothing was added.

Hi,

I have never activated a new ORBX product.

Do you activate same as non ORBX products.

Where do you find the new installation product?

I have never activated a new product but the new product has always  been available, why?

Thanks,

Larry

Hello mjrhealth,

I have just tried to add an ORBX scenery file to my "world"/"scenery library" as you have said that you do, unless I misunderstood your comments.

After trying to add an existing scenery file to the "world/scenery file" directory within FSX the message I received was that the scenery file already exists.

If ORBX already automaticly installs scenery file why is it necessary to install manualy instead?

I want to be sure I am not doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry

Hi Larry,

all Orbx products will automatically install the required entries into your scenery library menu. That's also the place to look whether an entry was added instead of scenery.cfg, especially since there are several copies of the scenery.cfg file in different locations (the active .cfg file resides in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX).

So the first question to answer is this: when you look into your scenery library menu do you see the block of FTX AU entries, including FTXAU05_ROADS, FTXAU15_SCENERY, FTXAU16_SHORES, etc.?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Larry,

all Orbx products will automatically install the required entries into your scenery library menu. That's also the place to look whether an entry was added instead of scenery.cfg, especially since there are several copies of the scenery.cfg file in different locations (the active .cfg file resides in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX).

So the first question to answer is this: when you look into your scenery library menu do you see the block of FTX AU entries, including FTXAU05_ROADS, FTXAU15_SCENERY, FTXAU16_SHORES, etc.?

Cheers, Holger

No I don't see any scenery library FTX AU entries after applying Oceana from FTX central.  Also I read your Adding a Scenery Library Insertion Point post and I don't see a second option as shown in the screenshot

Untitled-1_zpsc6951750.jpg

Hi there,

so when you click on the "set insertion point" button no FTX entries show up in the list on the left side? (the second option you're referring to will only show up if you have the freeware AU OZx packages installed)

Something else to check: there should be a bunch of folders in \ORBX\FTX_AU, like FTXAU05_ROADS, FTXAU15_SCENERY, FTXAU16_SHORES, etc. Do you have those? Also, there should be a scenerylib_AU_BLUE.cfg file in \ORBX\Scripts. I'm trying to establish whether the issue is with the installation itself or some access permission issue to your scenery.cfg file.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

so when you click on the "set insertion point" button no FTX entries show up in the list on the left side? (the second option you're referring to will only show up if you have the freeware AU OZx packages installed)

Something else to check: there should be a bunch of folders in \ORBX\FTX_AU, like FTXAU05_ROADS, FTXAU15_SCENERY, FTXAU16_SHORES, etc. Do you have those? Also, there should be a scenerylib_AU_BLUE.cfg file in \ORBX\Scripts. I'm trying to establish whether the issue is with the installation itself or some access permission issue to your scenery.cfg file.

Cheers, Holger

When I click set insertion point button no entries show up on left side.  I also installed one of the free AU airport and the second option does not show up.

I also have orbx AU folders and also the AU_BLUE.cfg file in script menu.

Hi there,

well, that points to a permission issue with your scenery.cfg file. Make sure that the file and its folder are not write protected: right-click > properties > General tab > Attributes "read-only" unchecked, and Security tab "full control" as user and admin. Also, make sure nothing else prevents it from accessing it while you run FTX Central.

Something else to try is to navigate to \ORBX\Scripts then right-click on FTXConfigurator.exe and select Run as administrator. That program runs silently meaning you won't see any user interface or menus. However, it is the module that reads all the scenerylib_{...}.cfg files in your \Scripts folder and adds them, in alphanumerical order, to your scenery.cfg file. Start FSX and check whether that made a difference.

The OZx add-ons I was talking about are separate from Orbx add-ons; see http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/1-ozx-scenery/

Cheers, Holger

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

well, that points to a permission issue with your scenery.cfg file. Make sure that the file and its folder are not write protected: right-click > properties > General tab > Attributes "read-only" unchecked, and Security tab "full control" as user and admin. Also, make sure nothing else prevents it from accessing it while you run FTX Central.

I tried that by unchecking the read only attribute in the ProgramData folder but it gave me an error that said that I need to provide administration permission even though  I have set full control in the security tab.  I tried to uncheck the read only attribute in the ProgramData/Microsoft folder but it comes back checked after I clicked apply then ok.  

Mike

Archived