Night textures crashing my sim

teecee

Not sure where to post this as it is not an Orbx problem, but it may be that someone here has seen this before..

I can't fly at night, as soon as the sun goes down, so does my FSX.. evening is fine, but night?? noooo.. I can not even fire up FSX at night.. simply crashes.. any Ideas folks?.. Teecee.

No and no mate..

It is not that big a deal as I rarely fly at night.. but the evening skies are nice occasionally.. It is not going to give me any real grief if I can't find a fix..

A complete reinstall of the sim might do it, but it's not worth the trouble.. I just have everything exactly as I want it. Teecee.

I think I already know the answer, but have you got the latest display drivers? And maybe its worth uninstalling any add ons that insert night textures like REX or the DA Cheyenne ( it has an option to change all night lights in the sim)  I am also guessing you have tried outside FTX areas, with FTX mode off?

I don't have any addons that include night textures, but I will try running with FTX off.. and no I have no idea how long this has been a problem, it's exactly as you say, I fly at night so rarely It may have been like this for ages.. Teecee.

Edit.. just tried to start the sim with FTX off.. It crashed.. which for me is good news.. I would have hated for it to be FSX.. ;D.

Archived