photorealistic painting test

PeanutButterJelly

this is just for pure testing, im trying photopainting the helos/airplanes and this is the first test im doing so far

as you can see you see the paint over the original texture, this is bloody hard to do, since you have a shitload bunch of variables

hope you going to like the final results when its finished

im going to paint the Australian Maritime Safety Authority - dornier 138 airplane

so stay tuned :)

Posted Image

thanks for all the positivity, but i have to ask you guys for help

im searching for a couple of planes/helos i cant find as a fsx addon, only 2002/2004 ( AND FSX  HATES 2004 OR LESS )or just cant find them at all

please please please help me search for those

• Bell 212 Twin Two-Twelve
  • General Motors TBM-3E Avenger
  • Commonwealth CA-28 Ceres
  • Sikorsky skycrane

The only one I can help you with is the skycrane, there is a version for FSX over at www.hovercontrol.com but I believe it to be an FS9 port over.  It is also pretty horrible to repaint with mirrored textures if thats what you want it for.

Cheers

oh well its doable, problem is that those are bmp textures, and when i paint them over, fsx just loads up the original, how is that possible?

its so bloody weard, they have only one texture version, when i would make it total yellow it should come up like a yellow chopper. something with the bmp format?

oh well its doable, problem is that those are bmp textures, and when i paint them over, fsx just loads up the original, how is that possible?

its so bloody weard, they have only one texture version, when i would make it total yellow it should come up like a yellow chopper. something with the bmp format?

Are you using dxtbmp or the FSX SDK image tool?  They aren't normal .bmp textures, they're compressed so you need to use one of those tools.  If I'm not mistaken, Photoshop the full version has a .dds converter so in that scenario you wouldn't need imagetool or dxtbmp.

what you need to do mate is grab as mentioned dxtbmp or if you have deluxe get the image tool and re save it as a 24 bit bmp texture to work on it, then when done you can save it as either a bmp or dds texture and your changes should show in the version you have altered. but as stated, join the forums over at Ozx and we should be able to help you through any problems you come across.

thanks for all the positivity, but i have to ask you guys for help

im searching for a couple of planes/helos i cant find as a fsx addon, only 2002/2004 ( AND FSX  HATES 2004 OR LESS )or just cant find them at all

please please please help me search for those

• Bell 212 Twin Two-Twelve
  • General Motors TBM-3E Avenger
  • Commonwealth CA-28 Ceres
  • Sikorsky skycrane

I can help with the Avenger. MAAM sim did an awsome avenger. For FS9 though. But with a bit of tweaking u can get the black windows and what-not all good. If ur doing a paint for it i suggest u do the aussie VH-MML owned by Steve Searl

nice thanks, can you give me a clue where to get it? because i wanted to repaint this pease of art :)

did you ment the one with the arrows on the wings, i was planning that :)

VH-MML / 53857/441 (cn 3919) One of two very similar Avengers owned by Steve Searle, both of which appeared at the Wide Bay International Airshow. Built to a USN order as US Navy BuAer 53857. After Navy service, it was civilianised in 1963 as N7017C. To Forest Protection Ltd, Fredericton, New Brunswick in May 1976 as C-GFPM as a firebomber 'Tanker 21'. Sold to Australia in 2004 and restored at Coolangatta, first flight 6 April 2006.

another burning question that keeps comming, you have an fs repainter from acabus, now i hate that one, is there another grait see what you paint tool on the world wide web?

currently im using a mixture of dxt and photoshop

nice thanks, can you give me a clue where to get it? because i wanted to repaint this pease of art :)

did you ment the one with the arrows on the wings, i was planning that :)

VH-MML / 53857/441 (cn 3919) One of two very similar Avengers owned by Steve Searle, both of which appeared at the Wide Bay International Airshow. Built to a USN order as US Navy BuAer 53857. After Navy service, it was civilianised in 1963 as N7017C. To Forest Protection Ltd, Fredericton, New Brunswick in May 1976 as C-GFPM as a firebomber 'Tanker 21'. Sold to Australia in 2004 and restored at Coolangatta, first flight 6 April 2006.

another burning question that keeps comming, you have an fs repainter from acabus, now i hate that one, is there another grait see what you paint tool on the world wide web?

currently im using a mixture of dxt and photoshop

Thats the one! You can get it here http://www.maam.org/php/xcart/home.php?cat=256

well your gonna be thrilled as i anounce short after this post i do a testflight with this plane but repainted as stated below,ill make a new thread since this one isnt still done yet

i have to cheat a little bit to do the tricky parts, but, i hope you and many others wanting this plane will be happy

Archived