FTX Global & AU

jonathan

Hello

I am having some issues with getting FTX Global and AU SP4 to play nicely together. Basically the problem is that I have installed both and I go to e.g. YBAS, it shows a green texture and it should be a red texture. I tried Broome as well, still looks wrong. At YMML I can detect no difference with FTX Global on or off.

Here is what I have done: installed FTX Global v1.20, FTX Vector 1.10, Global Mesh 2010, AU Blue, Green, Red, Gold installed, followed by SP4003, followed by ORBX libraries that I downloaded today. I did see an error about terrain.cfg missing landclass entries. I followed some instructions I found on this forum to refresh the terrain.cfg file. None of these seems to have fixed the issue.

In FTX Central I have tried AU on it's own, FTX Global on it's on and in hybrid mode, none of these options seem to display the scenery correctly.

Hoping someone can assist me.

Thanks

Jonathan

Order numbers: FSS0064627, FSS0093063, FSS0275928, FSS0242710, FSS0279226

Hi Jonathan,

welcome to Orbx!

That sounds a bit strange indeed, especially with add-on airports like YBAS where the (red) photoreal ground textures would always have display priority regardless of scenery library settings. Even without the YBAS add-on the landclass textures should be reddish though there would be differences in the color palette depending on the season.

It'll be much easier for us though to see some representative screenshots of the current situation, with coordinates and information on FTX Central setting; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

I assume we're talking FSX and not P3Dv2? And do you have any other add-ons for Australia active in your scenery library menu?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks - it is a bit strange and I haven't encountered this issue before. Yes, it is FSX.

However, your comments prompted me to look again in the scenery library. I have realised that I have a 3rd party landclass entry in the library which is interfering with AU. I have moved this entry below the FTXAU entries and AU is now looking as it should in Hybrid mode.

One more question though - the 3rd party LC entries for the rest of the world normally sit above the FTX Global entries in the library  - is this correct? (for the time being, until Open LC comes along :-0 )

Thanks for your help

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

FTX Global replaces the default textures and maintains their class/type associations meaning you can use third-party landclass with it (and layer those above the openLC entries). The FTX regions, in contrast alter many of those associations and thus third-party landclass typically won't show the intended classes when layered above the FTX block of entries (i.e., at higher display priority).

Cheers, Holger

Archived