Help! Uninstalling Demo

I downloaded the two Orbx demo's, Orbx Pacific Northwest version 2, and Orbx Tasmania demo.  My computer is too slow to handle Orbx scenery, and I need to uninstall the scenery.  I did not see an uninstaller, but I downloaded the FTX global uninstaller.  I ran it, and most of FTX Central and the two sceneries are still installed.  I wasn't advised to make a backup of anything before installing the two demo's, and now I may be missing FSX files that the FTX Global uninstaller may have removed.  What files do I need to delete, and what most likely got removed that should have been backed up before the demo's were installed?  Am I missing any FSX files now?

Thanks for the help!

Erik

I saw the sticky for the PNW Uninstaller... I ran it.  Anyway, how do I uninstall the Au Demo?  Also, before uninstalling the Orbx demo's, I had used the Orbx FTX Central to change the lighting.  Now, after running the FTX Global uninstaller, I have no taxi lighting.  How do I restore all defaults that FTX Global uninstalled?  I didn't even have FTX Global installed, and it uninstalled things.  Orbx seems to have ruined my FSX.  It looked nice, but didn't run well on my system.  I'm hoping someone knows how I can restore all FSX to default.  What did FTX Global uninstaller uninstall if I didn't even have FTX Global installed?

Thanks, there are other files in my Scenery\World\Scenery folder that appear Orbx related.  I'm not sure which files are Orbx, or not, in that folder.  Is the Scenery\World\Scenery folder empty stock FSX?  The only scenery I installed into root FSX, was Orbx.  Is every file in that folder safe to delete then?  Also, if anyone else can read my first two posts, FTX Global uninstaller has deleted files from my FSX.  I don't have taxi lights anymore, and whatever else it deleted.  I have another computer with stock FSX, which folders should I copy files from (textures, etc...).  What has Orbx Au Demo, and Orbx PNW installed over default, and what has FTX Global uninstaller (which I did not have installed), uninstalled when I ran it?

If you have another computer with "stock FSX", look in the scenery\world \scenery folder

and you can compare the two.

The two demo versions install nothing over default and you can delete your ORBX folder.

I do not know exactly what the FTX Global uninstaller removes if you try to remove what is not there and you

have no back up files to replace it with.

However, the bold text warning in the FTX Global Uninstaller User Guide points to the main folder.

It assumes that you took the opportunity during the initial FTX Global install to make a
backup of the texture files from your Scenery\World\Texture folder.

Once again, you can compare this folder with your stock version.

I don't suppose it was thought necessary to add a warning not to use the uninstaller if the

product was not installed at all.

Alternatively, you could try the FSX Repair option using your installation discs.

If you have another computer with "stock FSX", look in the scenery\world \scenery folder

and you can compare the two.

The two demo versions install nothing over default and you can delete your ORBX folder.

I do not know exactly what the FTX Global uninstaller removes if you try to remove what is not there and you

have no back up files to replace it with.

However, the bold text warning in the FTX Global Uninstaller User Guide points to the main folder.

It assumes that you took the opportunity during the initial FTX Global install to make a

backup of the texture files from your Scenery\World\Texture folder.

Once again, you can compare this folder with your stock version.

I don't suppose it was thought necessary to add a warning not to use the uninstaller if the

product was not installed at all.

Alternatively, you could try the FSX Repair option using your installation discs.

Thanks.  I deleted everything with the ORBX name.  It put files in quite a few folders.  I thought that ORBX may have deleted FSX files, and so I ran a repair.  Seems to have worked.  Thanks again!

Archived