KMRY sunken vehicle

FriLa

Monterey is a fantastic scenery! Trying to explore everything with BOB I found this half sunken vehicle at the airport:

7mOou.jpg

For me it does not disturb the quality of the scenery, but maybe with the next service pack ...

Thanks and cheers,

Fritz

G'day Fritz,

Thanks for the nice comments, I'm really glad you're having fun at Monterey.

What you're seeing there is a default airport ground vehicle. Unless you have another reason to have them enabled, ORBX recommends having this slider (airport ground traffic) switched to 0, as we find they get in the way a little bit with the scenery, and don't provide a great deal of immersion. Of course this is your preference - but what you're seeing here is one of the fallbacks of having them enabled.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hello Jarrad,

thanks for your help! Is this the default FSX airport ground traffic? I will try to switch it off to see what I will miss.

Another observation in this scenery which has nothing to do with your work:

I have the feeling that the old ORBX 3D lights with their smaller halo-size and lower brightness fit better to the scenery.

Even with the smallest size and lowest brightness adjusted by the lights configurator the new FTX global lights are too big and too bright, if you fly low and slow.

Cheers,

Fritz

Here is a correction to my post and to the FTX Global lights size:

I did not know that by installing a new library the light size was reset to default!

Now I used my preference again and the light-size fits better to the airport lights.

Cheers,

Fritz

Archived