FTX Scotland UK2000 conflicts

ChrisBFL

Hey All,

Just a question.

Whenever I use my UK2000 Glasgow scenery with my FTX Scotland enabled it will have two terminal buildings sitting there the UK2000 one and the default one also and I can't seem to rectify this issue by changing scenery orders.

Any Ideas?

Hi there,

usually the easiest fix is to remove/deactivate the corresponding airport files from the FTX region; for example see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/76029-heathrow-v3-from-uk2000-and-orbx-files/

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

What does the CVX file do and should it be pulled / disabled for add on airports such as Uk2000.

The other two files I get, (objects and AFD) but im confused about the CVX file.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

CVX stands for "Compressed Vector X" and those files contain any vector and polygon data associated with a given airport, usually any required excludes, grass background polygons, the flatten files, and perhaps some local road or stream vectors. Presumably, any third-party add-on like UK2000 would include the same or similar information to provide a fully functioning airport meaning our CVX files can be deactivated along with the main (=airport facilities) .bgl file and the object placement file. If in doubt remove it from the FTX scenery folder, start a flight and check the airport without it, then drop it back in and refresh the scenery library in-flight. Any differences should be readily apparent.

Cheers, Holger

Archived