Terrain.cfg has no [Landclasses] section.

PeterBW

Hi

I'm not sure if this is an easy one to fix or not but i think it's better i ask.

I had FTX Global installed and FSX was running sweet, so lets install my regions AU Blue first, the installer says to select Default in FTX Central but Global is now the default, fine so far.

After installing Au Blue FTX Central opens and i find i have 2 Global Buttons 1 Default button and 1 AU button, i just left that and started fsx so the scenery gets added, started a flight and notice all the houses trees are all over the Airstrips and sea etc.

Anyway i came to this forum and noticed other people had the same buttons installed after installing a region and the fix was to install the latest libs, so i did that.

Ok FTX central set the buttons correctly after the Libs was applied but this message "Terrain.cfg has no [Landclasses] section" pops up when i start FTX Central and in the sim the houses and trees are still all over the airstrips and sea.

I hope this is an easy one to fix.

Hi

Yes that looks like an idea, i will try that, if all fails i will have to re-install the whole thing.

But this time round i will install the AU region first and get that running with all the latest patches, that way i will be able to set it to default before installing global, should save me the confusion of all the buttons :wacko:

Right then, i tried that and the good news is it worked well for FTX global. But if i select Oceania and apply the AU region all i get is FTX Global textures.

What can i try now?

Oh btw thanks for your help Nick, i'm halfway there  :blink:

Hi Alex

After re starting my pc and before uninstalling fsx i tried to apply the AU region again and it seems to be ok.

I compared a location i took a screen shot of before and it is exactly the same, so replacing the Terrain.cfg was the answear ^-^

I'm going to install the airports today.

Thanks for the help.

Hey, This is my first post! Should of listened to all of this in the first place.

This fix worked for me.  Helpful hint, Dont forget to cycle FTX Central in between options.

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

Archived