Travelling in style

Guest Private-Cowboy

Guest Private-Cowboy

Hi there,

just wanna share a few shot of my newest horse in the stable - quite literally...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you'll like em. She still feels alien down under without VH-reg but maybe she will attract some painters some day.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Yes I have. I've to admit though that it's a bit ... extravagant ... for me. It's not really my thing. I'm hoping for something like the VH-SJP...

Posted Image

Guest Private-Cowboy

@alan2: No they don't. Those shots a from a huble subnotebook. No I7 or SLI in sight here.  ;D

@blogga: I'll happily do that later today. Stay tuned.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Ok now. The second flight today was from YMLT to YLIL...

Posted Image

Leaving YMLT early in the morning

Posted Image

Lot's of sats in sight to help navigation  ;D

Posted Image

Descending into YLIL a pleasent flight later

Posted Image

Checking traffic, no one in sight for YLIL

Posted Image

On finals

Posted Image

Welcome to Lilydale...

Posted Image

... and don't forget to take your luggage with you  ;D

It was a pretty uneventful flight and an incredibly smooth landing despite YLIL beeing a grass/dirt strip. I never thought that piloting the Mustang into there would be a good idea but I've yet to land on tarmac this smoothly. The approach was done manually cause the database doesn't know any approaches into YLIL.

The Mustang is increadibly good. I hope some of you might give here a try. It doesn't have to be warbird all the time.  ;D

Guest Private-Cowboy

Certainly a great effort landing at a grass strip! Great pics btw!

Well the actual landing was surprisingly smooth and not the problem at all - I thought it would be much more of a problem. Also the Mustang did not need much runway to land at all.

What I found challenging was spotting the runway. Since YLIL lacks automatic landing capabilities (not sure if that's indeed the case in reality or just the Mustang database - I'd guess the first one since it's a grass strip) you've to do it the old fashioned way indeed letting the computers do it for you.

The MS-ATC did a good job this time around (I experience the MS-ATC pretty much as hit and miss in this area) guiding me directly towards the runway (not miles off as it does from time to time). A dozen miles out I was told to call when I've the runway in sight - easier said then done. At 2200feet and 100knots I closed into the spot where YLIL was supposed to hide. 10miles out, can't spot a thing. 8miles out, still nothing. Then at 6miles out I spotted something - not the runway but the hangar area of YLIL - and knew where I had to go. I was pretty much dead on but that goes to show how well the ORBX fields blend into the landscape. And since YLIL has no runway lights either it's pretty hard to find. And when you're coming in at around 100knots you don't have that much time.

I really thought the MS-ATC had screwed me over again since at 8miles out I still could not spot where I was supposed to land.  ;D

I saw this comment in another part of the forum and let it go, but now I see it again here.

When you say Extravagant, PC, which one of these meanings fits best?

ex⋅trav⋅a⋅gant   /ɪkˈstrævəgənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation  [ik-strav-uh-guhnt] Show IPA Pronunciation 

–adjective

1. spending much more than is necessary or wise; wasteful: an extravagant shopper. 

2. excessively high: extravagant expenses; extravagant prices. 

3. exceeding the bounds of reason, as actions, demands, opinions, or passions.

4. going beyond what is deserved or justifiable: extravagant praise. 

5. Obsolete. wandering beyond bounds.

Just so I know for any future project I may have had.

Frank

Guest Private-Cowboy

I'd say meaning 4 fits the best. The Mustang is a biz jet and bit jets usually come in very discreet paint schemes - like a few lines on a white base color. That wild mustang theme with its use of image and color would fit planes like Pitts Special well in my eyes. But I tend to fly paints that I'd fly in real life (if I could ever afford it) too. And in respect to a modern biz jet I'd chose something more in line with Cessnas offerings in respect to color and style. That's why I'd love to the the VH-SJP.

Guest Private-Cowboy

I hope the old Cessna Skywagon does not mind if I borrow her reg...

Posted Image

... and while the paint of the new reg dries I found this...

Posted Image

;D:o;D

Archived