FTX Global Too Green Out West

Gunju221

I have FTX global, and the terrain out WEST is WAY TOO GREEN. The recently released Flightbeam KDEN has terrain textures from the real world that are much more accurate. The terrain is MUCH dryer.

FTX Global is WAY off when it comes to textures out west...

There is no excuse for this! Especially for the price of the product.

Give us a fix please. 

Hi Gunju, could you please post a shot to see this big difference? I don't know that product, anyway i've read on their facebook page that the airport should appear pretty well along FTX Global.

By the way, FTX Global is a general addon, i don't think you can pretend that every third party addons could fit perfectly with the surround. I seriously think that FTX Global is a large improvement respect the default textures.

You can also moderate your tone that appears to me a little rude. Thanks

Did you by any chance read about the ftx global product family and Open LC?

I wonder whether there will be an excuse for such uninformed accusations...

Don't accuse me of anything, please.

Where do you find Open LC for North America? I couldn't find it on Google.

Hi Gunju, could you please post a shot to see this big difference? I don't know that product, anyway i've read on their facebook page that the airport should appear pretty well along FTX Global.

By the way, FTX Global is a general addon, i don't think you can pretend that every third party addons could fit perfectly with the surround. I seriously think that FTX Global is a large improvement respect the default textures.

You can also moderate your tone that appears to me a little rude. Thanks

I wasn't saying that the terrain from Flightbeam KDEN didn't match, read my post again:

The recently released Flightbeam KDEN has terrain textures from the real world that are much more accurate

Don't hold your breath, maybe Open LC that will come in a year or more? might fix this. Try flying in the US southwest, where you get desert textures that make it look like Africa instead of a reddish color. Completely ruined the flying experience for me, so now I don't fly in America at all anymore. I'm mad that I have to wait a year or more just to get proper basic textures back, this is something that could easily be fixed just like the early fixes to the Global textures after release.

Hi Gunju, if an airport has a photoreal background, it's obvious that it depicts well the terrain. Anyway i continue not to understand why you mentioned that airport, if there isn't a relation with FTX Global.

FTX Global replaces all the textures, it's a new default. This is the purpose of that product. Better depiction of the territory will be done with ORBX fat regions and OpenLC when availables. Too green, too dry, you seems to be never happy. It was right a man, i don't remember his name, saying that some people based their issues on the colours used for a scenery.

The world is large, for a general product you can't pretend it fits exactly all the regions. A texture set is used in general for many different places, some of them are better depicted, some others don't. But this is a base on how to work.

I live in Denver and at least broadly agree with the OP, Global in and around Denver seems a little green to me. But like many parts of the world it really depends....if we have even average rainfall, things do look pretty green here. If it's dry....well....it gets brown in a hurry. Look at KDEN in Google Earth. It's immediate surroundings look not dissimilar from what Global looks like. Pan a little East, and you can see the imagery was taken at a very different time....brown, brown, brown. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it to be perfect too, but what's perfect for one person isn't for another and I don't think we are at the point of asking a set of texture replacements to account for average rainfall....

jJZsX.jpg

The suggestion to read about Landclass and Textures is a good one.

A texture update can not depict each part of the globe accurately alone.  The variability is provided by Landclass which calls the texture.  FTXGlobal Base is a texture replacement.

Put simply, altering the texture to suit KDEN is likely to mess something else up.  The solution is to refine landclass data (unless you are using a 3rd party dataset, you are currently using the default LC that came with FSX)

The solution is landclass, which tailors the land-use to the area and the textures.  Whilst the impatience expressed by David (413x3) is not unusual and understandable, to create a product worth having will take time, and refining once released.

FTX Global, as I understand it, just replaces the default textures and, as a user since it was released, I can say that it is a significant improvement on the default. If the default textures around the Denver area have a lot of green in them however, then it is likely that the FTX Global textures will also have a lot of green as the type of textures placed are determined by the  landclass files which FTXG does not change. Until an Open LC for North America appears I will therefore continue to use Ultimate Terrain X-USA which provides landclass in addition to vector data and does make the area around Denver look dryer and more arid, with a lot more sandy terrain although there are still areas of green many of which are circular and which I guess correspond to areas of irrigated land. Overall I think that this is probably a more realistic appearence and, as I have said, UTX-USA will continue to do the job for me until alternative improved landclass eventually becomes available for the area, hopefully in the form of Open LC-USA. But I like many others await the imminent arrival of Open LC-EUR which will give us a taste of what to expect when Orbx eventually applies their wizardry to North America!

Archived