FTX Central has stopped Working

robert3a0

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me. When I click onto FTX Central I receive the error message 'FTX Central has stopped working, Windows is looking for a solution to the problem. If I delete FTX Central from the ORBX file in FS10 and then reload it from my original Aus Scenery disc it works fine. However, as soon as I unwrap FTX NA Gold or PNW Blue, or any ORBX patches or updates FTX Central crashes again. I am running Windows 7. Should I delete the Aus Scenery and simply install one of the other two newer scenery's first, and then re-install the Aus Scenery? The problem also happens when I load any of the other ORBX Australian Airports (Avalon, Essendon, Melb International or Canberra).

Thanks

Bob 

Thanks Holger, I have saved my orders to my signature block as per your link. My Australia scenery disk is Version SP3, which I have since upgraded to V SP4 from the ORBX web site.

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

thanks for posting the order #s. It does sound as if some of the Orbx core files have gotten out of sync. Normally, the best way to fix/avoid that is to install the current Orbx libraries as the last step: https://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs

Have you tried that already?

Cheers, Holger

Yes Holger, I have done all of that. I have also tried loading the scenery additions in order, but as soon as the original FTX Central is overwritten, it quits. The only way I can get it back up is to delete the FTX Cental file and re-install the Aus Scenery disk. Central is happy when I then install SP4 and upgrade to Oceana, and I even got NA Blue to work - once. I have also deleted FTX Central and then installed NA Gold California, but it won't work. I am led to the suspicion that the incompatibility might be within the original Aus Scenery.

Regards

Bob 

Hi Bob,

there is no incompatibility between the region products but they all need to be using the same, current core files; one or more of them seem to be incorrect on your system. Installing the AU disk with its outdated FTX Central file sets on top of more recent products can't be a good thing. Thus, I'd try re-installing NCA itself on top of your existing installation as it comes with a complete set of current FTX Central core files. If that doesn't help either my advice would be to re-install all Orbx products from scratch (starting with AU and its SP4) after deleting them as per the instructions in our Q&A subforum.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Guys, thanks for your help. It was actually a Windows problem. I tried re installing all of my ORBX Libraries - no luck. However, I noticed my OS was also impacting a few other systems, so I did a complete re install. Everything is now running fine. Thanks again for your help, issue resolved,

Regards

Bob

Archived