NCA caused havoc

PARRISH

Order number 285087

The download and installation of NCA seemed OK until the scenery was examined.

Thus had black patches so had the scenery on my PNW and EU WALES had diagonal lines crossing the field patterns. Worst still  FSX did not work full and had to be reinstall with the other ORBX products but not  NCA.

I think I am restored to normality now but the experience was a great shock.

I have requested a refund from Flightsim store. I am not asking for technical support, I do not want NCA on my computer but asking  for your help with my request for a refund.

The ORBX products that I have are Great but alas NCA will not work for me.

Thanks for your help

Michael Parrish

Did you install the latest libraries again after the NCA install? 

If you require help in analysing the problem with your install, some more details and some screenshots to illustrate the problem would be agood first step.

As NCA has been shown to work perfectly on countless other machines I doubt a request for a refund will be successful.

Remember these forums are here to help and all you need to do is ask!

Refund are not offered, all purchases are final.

It sounds like your terrain.cfg became corrupted. To fix that, first back up the main copy of your terrain.cfg which is found in the root FSX folder. Then navigate to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work" and locate the backup of the terrain.cfg there. Copy this backup in your root FSX folder, after that run FTX Central and switch between each region, including Global, hitting apply each time. This will reinsert the correct entries into your terrain.cfg.

Note if you have any other products that insert lines into the terrain.cfg (Ultimate Terrain, GEX, etc.) those will need to be re-run to reinsert their entries.

Archived