Wollongong will not install from DVD

digga

Hi guys first time poster. New to orbx products. I Have 1 problem and 2 questions:

1. Wollongong will not install it locks up at 67% roughly on the same file and I have to reboot win7. I have installed sp4 Australia and the latest service pack ver3. I have tried to copy the files off the DVD and install from them, but it still locks up. I,m thinking corrupt file on the DVD ? Bought it from f.s.s. At w.o.i. On Sunday Any thoughts on that one?

2. With the Australia sp4 pack, I only see a small difference for Sydney. In fact I had to disable the library to check it actually works, the give away was the harbour bridge btw. I was expecting more,!?!?. Given the outstanding Canberra, am I correct in NOT seeing any Sydney airport scenery?? If there is one could someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance.

P.s. I use an iMac i7 2.9ghz, 16 gb ram running win 7 via boot camp, not the best. If I can get FSX To work with all the REX and airports. I have permission from "she who must be obeyed" to buy a standalone windows machine with triple screens...

Hi there,

as for your question regarding Sydney and YSSY: the Australian regions don't include any airport enhancements, we only started doing that with Pacific Northwest. The city though has had a lot of work done compared to default FSX, most prominently the entire road network, shoreline and the landclass (land use) distribution. The downtown highrises and landmarks are default FSX objects and we repositioned them where needed and added the custom Harbour Bridge. Not sure if the comparison to Canberra is valid as both the cityscape and airport are separate payware products and not part of the AU SP4 region pack; we don't have anything comparable for Sydney on offer if that's what you mean.

Cheers, Holger

Holger, I have seen the differance from standard FSX and SP4. I understand the difference in STD SP4 versus Airports.  The Canberra airport with the surrounding areas and all the baggage handlers made my jaw drop.  I was hoping…actually praying that you were going to say "Yeah we got Sydney airport over there!!"  I am hoping you guys do a similiar thing to Sydney and the airport.  If so…. were do I sign up for a copy.  Imagine the Blue Mountains and national park in the level of detail of Canberra.  (BTW just D/L Melb and Brisb.

Hi digga. Can you try copying the files off the DVD to a USB stick from another computer and see if you can run the setup from that? This issue occasionally pops up with some DVD drives.Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Ok did two backups from two different windows machines, to get two versions just in case, and now it installs ok, all done and dusted.

Now how do I close this thread?

Archived