FTX Vector interferes with ZSPD (not in AEC list)

Hi all,

I have a problem here:

shanghaisfxu7.jpg

obviously, the FTX Vector roads are not matching my Ray Smith update of Shanghai Pudong here. However, deactivating ABP_ZSPD.bgl does not help at all, it makes it even worse with suddenly drawing full city layout within the airport boundaries. I think that the problem here is that some freeware airport addons are simply added to the addon scenery folder within FSX (all Ray Smith airports work like that). Could that be the problem? Is FTX Vector in the hierarchy above the addon scenery folder of FSX? Thanks for any help

Chris

Hello!

I already answered in your first thread.

Vector (if installation went ok) is placed below the AddOn scenery layer. You can check that yourself in the FS scenery library.

The problem here seems to be, that your add-on does not exclude (vector) scenery below. This actually should be a standard. I can not build on land I do not own. So every add-on airport should currently have/come with: a micromesh, an airport polygon and of course an exclude of all other possible scenery below. Once these three requirements have been fullfilled, I can start building the airport, because then I own the ground.

You can create an exclude yourself using ADE. Or you need to contact the designer. Vector can not do anything here.

The Pudong Airport is done by Ray Smith in 2009 while Vector is written in 2013 and updated presently, that is why the roads are not in the right locations. It is understandable. Moreover,  I have no problem on the new Pudong Airport sold presently in the sim market.

Be fair, it is hard for a global project like vector to suit every new and old airports written at different time. FSX is a simple program but when more programs are added and worked with it, this will become more complicated and more problems will come out. It is not a easy task to make it prefect.  

Nevertheless, FS Global and Vector have provided a new horizon and better scenery for the simmers in running FSX. Finally, I appreciate the job well done by Orbx and Pilot's staff. 

Hello,

The Pudong Airport is done by Ray Smith in 2009 while Vector is written in 2013 and updated presently, that is why the roads are not in the right locations.

Actually, the roads are in the correct position. It's just that Ray didn't use a background image in ADE to accurately place/move the apron, parking, taxiways, runways etc for ZSPD. 

I emailed him and he says that he doesn't use background images for his airports except for VTBS.

Nevertheless, FS Global and Vector have provided a new horizon and better scenery for the simmers in running FSX. Finally, I appreciate the job well done by Orbx and Pilot's staff. 

Thank you! Feels good to read this between other stuff!

The solution is: the developer of the add-on has to provide a fix in what way ever.

*It seems*, he built the airport on default FSX, in deepest China with no other vector scenery around. Nothing was in his way. So he did not include an exclude file as he did not anticipate, that at some day someone could come up with a Vector scenery in this location. Now we did, and with one blink of the eye, the area he built his airport on no more is vacated. Now he should deliver an exclude file for scenery below his airport scenery. See my post #2, where I write, what a good airport building concept has to have. I also pointed out, that you can make such an exclude file yourself using ADE, which is freeware.

This is *NOT* a Vector fault! I have written a felt million of times, that Vector *mercilessly uncovers* design concept flaws and it is time, users start to understand, that these *ARE NOT* a bug in Vector, but a bad concept of some scenery authors. I understand, why and how this can happen and I do not blame anyone. In fact I am not sure, if all our early works have been done without such flaws. But it nevertheless is *NO VECTOR* issue.

Archived