Iceland Demo P3DV2.2?

boleyd

Is the Iceland demo supposed to work in P3DV2.2? I am seeing anomalies similar to what I see at airports not approved for V2.2. Reinstalled several times. Tried Global and Europe settings in FTX Central. 

Overall it looks very good except for airports. Missing taxiways and underlying photoreal texture on top of ORBX taxiways.

Yes, FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 140405 5th April 2014

I even hate to mention this but reinstalling Iceland caused all of the region links to disappear from the scenery.cfg file. However despite the missing regions I can go to KHQM and it looks like the region (PNW) is being used. The Scenery.cfg_Orbx_Backup.cfg file does have the regions in it. I know it is not logical, but could P3DV2.2 be using the Scenery.cfg_Orbx_Backup.cfg file? I need to work on that since it might explain a lot of my problems. 

If Iceland is not V2.2 ready then that explains the issues at airports. I see no other issues except at airports.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think that I finally nailed down my problem"S". Somehow, I had P3DV2.2 using the scenery.cfg in FSX. I had uninstalled FSX but kept some critical folders such as ORBX just in case.... Somehow I kept the scenery.cfg in FSX instead of the one in P3D. Blocking the FSX scenery.cfg gave me pure P3D with no regional enhancements. Stillhave an issue with Iceland taxiways but that is low on the list for now.

Hi Dick,

I believe Ed is working to update the Iceland demo in the very near future with my latest P3D2 updated airport files.  Be looking for an announcement to that effect soon.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Dick,

I believe Ed is working to update the Iceland demo in the very near future with my latest P3D2 updated airport files.  Be looking for an announcement to that effect soon.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks, that should fix the last of my issues. I was taking a close look at Iceland before going for $160 to get Global Textures and Vector.

Archived