FTX Global Freeware Pack 10, KIGM Kingman Airport

Quite simple fix. Just run the Autoconfigure routine in the FTX VECTOR Configuator.  Or disable both airports manually with the Configuator.

I'm assuming your using FSX and not P3D as that sim has its own support forum.

Did you check the disabled list to ensure that KIGM and KONM were actually there?  If not disable them manually rather than using Autoconfiguration.

Here is what I see in my FSX at those locations.

KIGM  (note the sinkhole under the A/C, I believe this IS and elevation error of the water surface)

18koq.jpg

KONM

diCF7.jpg

Hi Spud

KIGM and KONM are disabled.

Which mesh did you use? I use FS Global 2010.

Could it be a priority question in the scenery library?

eZKmA.jpg

The top in the library

dnXs6.jpg

The begin of the FTX block

2Ip3h.jpg

Where are the FTX Global Airports

SbEFq.jpg 

The end of the FTX block

Heinz

I use only FSX Default MESH.  Neil developed the GLOBAL Freeware Packs using the Defaut MESH so perhaps that could be the cause of the elevation issues.  Try disabling the MESH and see what it looks like.  This would check to see if it is the problem.

When I set the FS Global 2010 mesh to inactive, then I have the same picture as you.

IRqK7.jpg

Because a special mesh (FS Global 2010 or another mesh, but not the default mesh) is requested with FTX Global and Vector, in my opinion it is not

logic, when Neil based his airports on the default mesh.

Heinz

I use the default MESH and although I may not have every hump and bump in the landscape it seems, for me at least, to aleviate many problems that I read others have.  FSX is a "simulation" after all.  If I want the world to look exact I go outside and look! ::)

HI Guys,

I use default mesh because I want to make them for the majority of users and not require additional mesh to be purchased for them to look correct (and truthfully I am happy with the default) .  I am using Vector 1.5 and they look fine but you may have to tweek the AEC files when using FS Global 2010.  Try going back to the Vector elevations Corrections and disabling them and/or re-enabling them to see if that fixes the issue.  Don't forget to press the "apply" button, nothing happens until then.

Cheers, Neil

Neil.

Your info brings up a question of my own. I'm just getting started with all this vector stuff for FSX. I'm currently using FSGenesis mesh for the world, which I've had since 2010. Will or might I have issues, like seen above when I start adding your freeware packs?. Just curious.

GrayRider

Archived