Help Uninstalling Vector Inc V1.15

Hi

Would someone please point to a thread or tell me how to safely uninstall Vector completely inc V 1.15 and the configuration panel.

I'm afraid Madeira X was the last straw with Vector. I know it's Aerosoft but It was working with Vector V 1,10 and now with V1.15 I have flying cars and elevation issues even after disabling both Madeira airports in V 1.15 configuration panel. I appreciate the work gone into trying to fix things. I may try again when V2 arrives. 

Many Thanks

simdown42

I cannot uninstall vector 1.10.  I followed the directions and changed in the cfg required=true to false.  I was able to uncheck Obj,Apt,Cvx and Exx.  However, when go to uncheck AEC I get the message that it cannot be it is required and cannot be turned off.

Can you help me with this.  Thanks

BW

Because no one from ORBX responded to my post I contacted PILOTS and was told 1;10 uninstall would work for 1;15. I haven't tried uninstalling Vector yet as I am unwell and not doing much of anything so after your post Blackwolf77 maybe this post should stay open. I seem to be spending more time fiddling with Vector than actually enjoying flight sim.

simdown42 

Make sure you changed the correct line in the file and that it was actually saved. After that you should be able to uncheck the box.

V1.15 was causing my screen to freeze repeatedly for 1 to 2 seconds so I have disabled it for now. The method worked for me fine.

I did save it, but I just went back and checked...required=false is present.  Let me give you some history.  A while back I tried to uninstall and I found that I did not even have the vector items in my cfg.  Someone helped me with the problem by having me use their cfg file which had the vector notations.  I continue to have problems with vector so I decided to try to uninstall and thus here we are...I still cannot uncheck AEC.

I went to the download site to read again about installing vector and I see that when I installed 1.10, I did not delete the two files it recommended to delete from the orbx file in fsx.  Not sure how much this may be contributing to my problem.

Next i see by "SimDown" who started this post that he had installed version 1.15.  i did not know that there was a new version.  How and where can I find 1.15??

I too hope to get some help with uninstalling vector.  If not I may have to do a system restore which will be a real pain in that a lot of programs will be uninstalled.

BW 

Hello Blackwolf,

I believe it was I who provided you with the scenery.cfg file including the Vector entries.

I hope you have saved it.

If you have, make a copy of it and using Notepad, scroll down to the this entry

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Layer=3
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

Amend it to read

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Layer=3
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

and save it as scenery.cfg.

Next go to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX and back up the scenery.cfg file you will find there.

Then copy the amended file into its place and when you start FSX you will be able to untick or even delete

the ORBX!VECTOR_AEC entry.

You will be able to untick or delete the other four Vector entries and once you have done that, it will have no further

effect on FSX.

If you do find you still have problems, you will need to look elsewhere.

The guide to uninstalling Vector is really quite clear, unambiguous

and here  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70953-how-to-uninstall-vector/

As to deleting files when installing Vector 1.1, unless you have links to another drive for your OrbX files there

is nothing to do.

As to Vector version 1.15.

There is a forum named Release Announcements.

This is where new releases are announced.

Version 1.15 was announced in that forum on 26th April.

If you visit the forum you will see the topic fourth from the top today.

If you prefer not to, here is the link.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/77-release-announcements/

You will see download links in the first post.

However, I do not recommend either updating an installation which you consider to be faulty,

or updating if you plan to uninstall Vector.

I have repeated the process numerous times and still no luck in unticking.  I followed your instructions to the letter.  I save the initial cfg you sent me. I copied it to notepad, then changed True to False. then I saved again.  Then I copied the cfg to my fsx cfg.  No change.  So I guess I am out of luck and my situation is hopeless.  Since you said if this did not work I would have to look elsewhere.  Where is elsewhere???

I will not try to install version1.15.  Nevertheless, I want to thank you for your efforts.  All the best

BW

Archived