FSX Scenery ordering after FTX installed

Jim Wyman

Hi,

I was looking at my current scenery file order and turning off some off the older/not used areas which would help scenery load time, I was wondering if there is a preferred scenery order with FTX Base installed?

Is there a place where there is an optimized list of how the scenery should be laid out in the scenery.cfg file?

Thanks!

Jim

Thanks for the link... It didn't not answer as to what order the files should be in the scenery.cfg file.....I.E., order fo FSX default, add-ons, propeller update, and FTX files... Don't know if it makes a difference.

Jim

That would largely depend on what other addons you have installed, some addons require to be placed above FTX entries to work, others do not.  But as a rule of thumb, FTX entries should be at the top, then if you have any issues with other scenery addons, you should experiment with moving the others up in priority until you see the desired result, however, we cannot advise on specific products not our own as they are not made by us so we do not know how they were programmed to function correctly.  If you are looking for a specific addon to function with FTX, you may visit that developers site and pose the question on their forums.

Archived