duplicate landclass index 14 error when trying to launch pnw demo?

I downloaded the free orbx Pacific Northwest demo. I installed it and windows 7 told me that it might have been installed incorrectly. Then when I went to launch the ftx global I got the duplicate landclass index 14 error message. Then all my fsx textures were all out of wack. I uninstalled everything. Got everything installed inlcuding ftx global and rex4.

So I don't know what I did wrong? Did I have to update something first?

Sweet I will give that try. Thanks! I think I might just get the whole pnw since it's only 20 bucks. So I will install then update the libraries right?

Also just to let you know I just downloaded and installed orbx global last week. I don't know if that's already updated with the current libraries. I just don't wanna buy the Pacific Northwest and be stuck with it cuz I can't get it to work.

Also sometimes in windows 7 after I install something it will then ask me if this program is installed correctly? Then two options saying just close the window or try reinstalling. Most of the time I just close the window.

Hi again,

you shouldn't have any problems with the full PNW installer as its core files are much more recent than those of the PNW demo (which creates the issue with the landclass index). And, yes, you should always install the current Orbx Libraries as the last step.

That odd message about software possibly not being installed correctly happens with most of our installers and can be safely ignored. Not sure what W7 uses as a criteria to pop up that flag.

Cheers, Holger

Archived