Scenery Library Problem After Installing Latest NA and EU Freeware Packs

simdown42

Hi

I have just installed the latest freeware airport packs Eu 2 and NA 11. I then installed the latest library 140405. I installed these with FTX Central set to North America. When I loaded FSX unwanted scenery EU 8 and EU 9 had suddenly returned, left overs from Iceland demo I should delete I was told in a previous post, My scenery library in FSX now has all ORBX addons  at top starting at #1 when before installing the new packs these were all below my Aerosoft and Fly Tampa etc scenery. I closed FSX switched FTX Central to Global and the same scenery order is still there. I even installed the library again with Global ticked in FTX Central. I don't know why this has suddenly happened. I checked one Aerosoft airport and it seems ok. Also deleted Eu 8 and 9 from FSX library.  I will check some more addons tomorrow. I would just like to know if anyone can tell me why this happened and is it all right to leave my scenery order like this with ORBX starting at #1 ? Seems something to do with the new freeware packs has upset FSX. Don't get me wrong I love the freeware packs.

Thanks for any advice 

simdown42

Hi there,

whenever you run FTX Central it will read all of the scenerylib_[...].cfg and openlc_lib_[...].txt files in the \ORBX\Scripts folder, which contain the required scenery library entries for a given Orbx product, sort those entries alphanumerically, and place them as a block in your scenery library menu list (scenery.cfg). If you manually remove an add-on you'll also need to remove its corresponding scenerylib_[...].cfg file or FTX Central will indeed re-enter those entries. In your case you should look for openlc_lib_eu8.txt and openlc_lib_eu9.txt files and remove those from \ORBX\Scripts.

As for the positioning of the FTX block of scenery library entries it will indeed place itself at the top of the menu unless you set a scenery library menu insertion point, which is mentioned/explained in each of the region's manuals. A visual guide is available here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for your advice Holger

I'm still curious as to why the Eu8 and Eu9 suddenly re appeared in the form of alert messages when opening FSX, the usual " Can't find scenery area whatever" after I deleted them some time ago. I may still have the Iceland demo lurking somewhere and FTX Central or the new library has found it again.  I am a bit suspect of the latest library causing problems, I've used FTX Central to change regions many times and as far as I know  it has never altered my scenery library order in this way before. I used FTX Central to set my library insertion points a while ago and all was good but after this latest install of freeware and library 14405 the order suddenly changed.

Cheers

simdown42

Archived